Will Natural Gardens Replace the Great American Lawn?
When a homeowner’s association ordered Maryland residents Janet and Jeffrey Crouch to uproot the native plants in their front yard and replace them with green grass, the couple refused. Homeowners’ associations, also known as HOAs, are private organizations that oversee the management of some residential communities. It is usually run by a board of volunteer homeowners. As VOA’s Dora Mekawar [meh-kwar] Reports, the couple’s battle against the HOA, and in favor of the environment, ended up changing Maryland law. Camera: Adam Greenbaum
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- EUROPEAN UNION; Israel concerned about violence in Palestine and Lebanon – WORLD
- News about the disappearance of a radioactive capsule in Australia. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- FOREIGN CURRENCY APPROVAL FROM PUTIN – WORLD
- News of Turkey’s harsh reaction to the burning of the Holy Quran by right-wing extremist Paludan. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Although New Democracy won the Greek elections, it failed to muster votes to form a government on its own – WORLD
- Macron will meet with Biden in Washington. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- Putin’s congratulations to Erdogan
- After 7 years, Iran and Saudi Arabia agreed again!
- Magnitude 4.3 earthquake hits Mosul, Iraq – WORLD
- Controversial pension reform comes into force in France – WORLD