What will be on the agenda of Blinken’s visit to China? News. Last Minute ASYA, Russia news headlines and events
According to American experts, the visit of Foreign Minister Anthony Blinken to Beijing on February 5-6 does not indicate a significant change in US relations with China.
Blinken will be the top diplomat visiting China from 2018.
The leaders of the two countries are expected to hold another bilateral meeting later this year, officials who spoke to VOA said.
However, Blinken’s talks with senior Chinese officials are not expected to bring tangible returns or improve contentious relations between the two countries.
“I don’t think we should expect a big touchstone from the visit,” said Jude Blunkett, head of Chinese studies at the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies.
“I don’t think it’s a bad thing either, given how bad things have been in the last five years,” Blanchett told reporters in a telephone briefing last night.
Speaking at the University of Chicago Policy Institute this month, Blinken said that open lines of communication have eased U.S.-China tensions and that tensions have eased since then-Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s August 2022 visit.
The last time President Joe Biden met with Chinese President Xi Jinping was in Bali last November as part of the G-20 summit.
The capital of India, New Delhi, will host the G-20 summit, which will be held on September 9-10 this year. In November, San Francisco will host a summit of leaders of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation in the United States.
Russian invasion of Ukraine
White House National Security Council strategic communications coordinator John Kirby said the war in Ukraine would also be discussed during Blinken’s visit to China.
Kirby said debates on issues such as military issues and climate change have been overshadowed by China’s protest against US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan last August.
Kirby stated that Blinken would try to reopen negotiations on these issues.
Last week, the US Treasury Department announced sanctions against the Changsha Tianyi Space Science and Technology Research Institute, also known as Spacety China, for providing satellite images of Ukraine to the Wagner mercenary group that Russia used to invade Ukraine.
The headquarters of Spacety China in Luxembourg also came under sanctions.
The Beijing government has also suspended all 10-year multiple-entry visas issued to Americans until March 26, 2020, when it stopped issuing visas due to the Corona virus.
According to Dennis Wilder, a professor of Asian studies at Georgetown University, this is contrary to the agreement China made with the United States under former President Barack Obama.
According to Wilder, who spoke with VOA, Blinken is expected to pressure Chinese authorities to lift the visa ban as it affects large numbers of Chinese Americans, their businesses and educational programs.
Americans can apply for new Chinese visas, but experts say the extensive personal information required to apply for a visa could be used to pressure applicants or foreign dissidents.
Current Chinese visa applications ask for details such as applicants’ spouses, parents, children’s date of birth, country of birth, citizenship, address, and occupation. They are also asked if the applicants’ parents are in China.
In the previous visa form, the applicant could not provide family information.
Those born in Taiwan or Hong Kong require their original name papers to be written in Chinese characters as well as birth certificates to apply for a visa.
Wilder says the reason why Chinese-Americans overseas are asking for these documents is to gain leverage over their families living in China. Wilder explained that many Chinese-American journalists left China due to such pressure.
Chinese citizens applying for US nonimmigrant visas are also required to provide information about their family, but this information is not exhaustive. In addition, the US does not request specific and specific information about the children of visa applicants.
The representative of the US State Department declined to comment on these issues to Voice of America.
broadcast by Voice of America What will be on the agenda of Blinken’s visit to China? in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. What will be on the agenda of Blinken’s visit to China? News is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district What will be on the agenda of Blinken’s visit to China? The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News about a record reduction in energy consumption in Europe. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- News about new security assistance from the US in Ukraine. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The US and Japan are strengthening their alliance against China. Last Minute ASIA, UK headlines and events
- Magnitude 4.3 earthquake hits Mosul, Iraq – WORLD
- Iran admitted that it enriches uranium by 84%. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News “The war in Ukraine will slow down in winter.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Foreign Minister Cavusoglu’s reaction to Greece: “The wind sows a storm” news. Last Minute Russia, Greece news headlines and events
- The Central Bank of the Russian Federation does not expect profit in the sector this year – MIR
- The world welcomes the new year. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Warning for developing countries from UN Secretary-General Guterres: – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.