What is inappropriate multitasking? What is the harm?
We’re here with a concept we’ve come across a lot in recent years: multitasking! This way of working, which cannot fit into the sky of the business world, means being able to do several things at the same time. Managers who want to achieve maximum efficiency expect their employees to multitask. So, is multitasking really effective? We’ve researched and written everything you need to know about multitasking. Here’s everything you need to know about this inconspicuous way of working…
What is multitasking?
Multitasking, one of the most popular terms in the business world, means multitasking and multitasking. Today, multitasking is perceived as a skill, not a way of working. This situation causes him to be ignored, especially among white collar workers. In today’s highly competitive business world, people who can work with this method are always considered more valuable.
However, the modern world forces all of us to work hard. Answering emails on the computer, we answer the ringing mobile phone, participating in video calls on the one hand, we answer Whatsapp messages on the other. All of this is actually pushing us towards a multitasking way of working.
What is the harm?
Multitasking is not as efficient as it might seem. Because it can significantly reduce our ability to concentrate. This leads to various errors. This way of working, which is also the opposite of how our brain functions, negatively affects our mind.
So what are these downsides? 😪
First, the way you do business is slowing down. Trying to focus on more than one job at the same time prevents you from fully immersing yourself in the work and reduces the speed of work. However, dividing the work into parts and doing it in order instead of the multitasking way of working produces much more efficient results.
In addition, our brain is negatively affected by this situation. The human brain was designed to focus on a single task. So when we run the second task, the first task is completely forgotten. In fact, by doing more than one job at a time, we develop a bad habit in our brain.
The inability to focus leads to mistakes and stress. The time we allocate to the control of the work we do is reduced, and the results are full of errors. Multiple interruptions throughout the day also distract us and cause stress. All this turns us into unproductive workers. Research shows that this way of working reduces productivity to the lowest level.
What can you do instead of multitasking 👇🏻
The first thing you should do is try to break down the issue rather than focusing on multiple issues at once. Arrange your tasks in order of importance and try to finish them in order. This way you can fully focus on one task and get much more productive results. Don’t forget to take small breaks to stay productive! 😊
Source: 1, 2
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of the FIFA investigation “How Nusret entered the field.” News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- Fitch: ‘International aviation industry will benefit from China lifting travel restrictions’ – WORLD
- Russian citizen Snowden received a passport. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- U.S. Provides Passengers From China with COVID Testing Facility: Implementation Begins in News Jan. 5 Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- UN increases aid to earthquake victims. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- “Why is CIIE preferred for the first launch of science-based products?” – WORLD
- Celestyal Cruises has been named the world’s leading cruise line for 2022. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TOURISM news headlines and events
- Prime Minister of Norway: Turkey has the right to fight terrorism. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- Year-end: China’s most important events in 2022 – WORLD
- The news that the UK will change airport security rules by 2024. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.