What is inappropriate multitasking? What is the harm?
We’re here with a concept we’ve come across a lot in recent years: multitasking! This way of working, which cannot fit into the sky of the business world, means being able to do several things at the same time. Managers who want to achieve maximum efficiency expect their employees to multitask. So, is multitasking really effective? We’ve researched and written everything you need to know about multitasking. Here’s everything you need to know about this inconspicuous way of working…
What is multitasking?
Multitasking, one of the most popular terms in the business world, means multitasking and multitasking. Today, multitasking is perceived as a skill, not a way of working. This situation causes him to be ignored, especially among white collar workers. In today’s highly competitive business world, people who can work with this method are always considered more valuable.
However, the modern world forces all of us to work hard. Answering emails on the computer, we answer the ringing mobile phone, participating in video calls on the one hand, we answer Whatsapp messages on the other. All of this is actually pushing us towards a multitasking way of working.
What is the harm?
Multitasking is not as efficient as it might seem. Because it can significantly reduce our ability to concentrate. This leads to various errors. This way of working, which is also the opposite of how our brain functions, negatively affects our mind.
So what are these downsides? 😪
First, the way you do business is slowing down. Trying to focus on more than one job at the same time prevents you from fully immersing yourself in the work and reduces the speed of work. However, dividing the work into parts and doing it in order instead of the multitasking way of working produces much more efficient results.
In addition, our brain is negatively affected by this situation. The human brain was designed to focus on a single task. So when we run the second task, the first task is completely forgotten. In fact, by doing more than one job at a time, we develop a bad habit in our brain.
The inability to focus leads to mistakes and stress. The time we allocate to the control of the work we do is reduced, and the results are full of errors. Multiple interruptions throughout the day also distract us and cause stress. All this turns us into unproductive workers. Research shows that this way of working reduces productivity to the lowest level.
What can you do instead of multitasking 👇🏻
The first thing you should do is try to break down the issue rather than focusing on multiple issues at once. Arrange your tasks in order of importance and try to finish them in order. This way you can fully focus on one task and get much more productive results. Don’t forget to take small breaks to stay productive! 😊
Source: 1, 2
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- America Awaits KOEP Deal – World News
- Goldman’s bear market warning for equities – WORLD
- Can social media reform save American democracy?
- Two news about the investigation from the French judiciary to Macron. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- The largest trial in Belgian history has begun. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- Amnesty: News article “Russia silences journalists with pressure.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- Meeting of the foreign ministers of Iran and South Africa – Iran news
- Record news on inflation in the Eurozone. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Spain headlines and events
- Iran’s nuclear statement: US response is ‘constructive’ – WORLD
- The South Pacific was shaking with a magnitude of 6.9!