Wall Street split over the Fed – WORLD
Mixed expectations from the summit
Nomura Holdings expects interest rates to peak at 5.75%, with Citi 5.50%, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Barclays 5.25%, JP Morgan Chase, Bloomberg Economics, Deutsche Bank and UBS 5%, Morgan Stanley expects it to be 4.75%.
There are those who are waiting for a discount, and those who are not.
Economists at UBS Group expect the total contraction to be 175 basis points by the end of next year, while Deutsche Bank’s is 100 basis points. Nomura and Barclays expect a 75 basis point decline by the end of 2023. Morgan Stanley expects a 25 basis point cut, Goldman and Wells Fargo expect rates to remain flat at 5.25% at the end of the year, and JP Morgan at 5%.
Reversal in the Volcker era
In 1984, the Fed, led by Paul Volcker, reversed monetary policy in 6 weeks and went from rapid tightening to a cycle of cutting more than 500 basis points. Goldman Sachs economists shared a note last week that the Fed would raise interest rates to 5.25%, and by the end of next year it will be so.” ,” he said.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of condolences and messages of support from Turkey’s leaders. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
- Tough PKK comment from Swedish Foreign Minister. Top news and events in EUROPE
- In Indonesia around the sun "ring of fire" annular solar eclipse
- ‘Festival of Colors’ celebrated in India
- Height Discrimination: Does Short Height Affect Our Lives and Careers?
- Agreed maximum price for natural gas in EU news. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- G7 Leaders Summit 2023 kicks off in Japan – WORLD
- News of the diplomatic crisis between France and Azerbaijan. Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
- News about President Biden’s surprise visit to Kyiv. Last Minute UK, Russia headlines and events
- The US and Japan are strengthening their alliance against China. Last Minute ASIA, UK headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.