US President Biden Takes Action to Reduce Credit Card Late Payment Fees
US President Biden Takes Action to Reduce Credit Card Late Payment FeesNEW YORK (AA) — U.S. President Joe Biden called on Congress to pass a bill that would cut “unnecessary fees” in many industries, including cutting credit card late fees from $31 to $8.In his speech at the fourth meeting of the Competition Council, held at the White House, Biden said that encouraging competition is one of the important parts of the economic agenda. Biden indicated that they have taken a step to reduce credit card late fees.” Credit card companies charge an average of $31 for late payments when you don’t pay your bill on time. We recommend lowering these fees to $8.” Revealing that his team will meet with officials across the country to determine what they can do to avoid “unnecessary” fees in his jurisdiction, Biden urged Congress to pass a bill that would protect consumers from “unnecessary” fees. issues such as not charging those who want or families who want to book a seat on an airplane with their children, changing internet or mobile rates without early termination penalties, reducing fees for online concerts, sporting events, and others entertainment tickets. In the announcement, it was noted that by reducing credit card late fees to $8, consumers are expected to save up to $9 billion annually. In addition, in a report prepared by Biden’s leadership, tech giants Apple and Google are accused of suppressing competition in the market. mobile applications. While the two companies noted that the two companies created unnecessary barriers and costs for app developers, the report calls for the ecosystem to work to improve competition in the mobile app market and maximize consumer value.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Fuel price caps discontinued
- News of the word “A gun, not a tank” from France to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- What do Europeans think about the war in Ukraine? News. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia headlines and events
- Scandalous event from the director of the zoo!
- The EU bans the import of deforestation products. Top news and events in EUROPE
- North Korea has announced the testing of four strategic cruise missiles.
- French President Macron has arrived in Washington. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- Leopard 2 Challenger 2 news from Abrams and Leclerc. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, Berlin, France, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Currency crisis warning for seven countries: Turkey among them – WORLD
- Can cities remain relevant if hybrid business is here to stay?