US jobless claims at 9-month low – WORLD
US jobless claims are at their lowest level in 9 monthsContrary to expectations, the number of people who applied for unemployment benefits in the country fell by 6,000 last week.NEW YORK (AA) — The number of first-time jobless claims in the US for the week ended Jan. 21 fell to 186,000, the lowest level since April 2022. The US Department of Labor released data on weekly jobless claims. , In the week ended January 21, the number of people claiming unemployment benefits for the first time in the country decreased by 6,000 compared to the previous week and decreased to 186,000. Contrary to market expectations, jobless claims, which fell to their lowest level since April 2022, were expected at 205K during this period. The previous week’s data for jobless claims was revised up to 192K.As of last week, the average number of jobless claims for 4 weeks decreased by 9,250 people compared to the previous week and decreased to 197,500. On the other hand, the number of current jobless claims increased by 20,000 people over week ended January 14 and reached 1 million 675 thousand. He said that the decline indicates that the labor market remains tight, despite the tightening of the aggressive monetary policy of the US Federal Reserve System (Fed).
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- An influenza epidemic has been officially declared in Belgium. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT headlines and events
- Rolls-Royce and Gulfstream take important step towards sustainable aviation – WORLD
- NATO road is open for Finland – WORLD
- Demonstration in support of cancer patients held in Lebanon – WORLD
- China’s economy grew at an average of 5.2 percent annually for 5 years – WORLD
- News of coal mine approval years later in England. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events
- Erdogan travels to Germany in the news on 27 January. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Cologne, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- This time the Koran was burned in Copenhagen News from Palu. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands headlines and events
- The Swedish Ambassador was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News from Whelan, imprisoned in Russia, asking to speak to Biden. Last Minute UK, Russia headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.