US court dismisses Khashoggi case Last Minute WORLDWIDE, CURRENT, POLITICAL headlines and events
A U.S. federal court dismissed a lawsuit filed against Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over Jamal Khashoggi’s death, citing “Biden granted immunity.”
The case was filed by Hatice Cengiz, the fiancée of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was killed in the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul in 2018. Cengiz filed a lawsuit, holding Mohammed bin Salman responsible for Khashoggi’s death and demanding his trial.
However, Washington District Court Judge John Bates said that “however willing he is to proceed with the case, he has no other choice against the Biden administration’s decision.” Regarding the dismissal of the case, in a 25-page reasoned decision, Bates made the following statement:
“Despite the court’s misgivings about both the circumstances of bin Salman’s appointment and credible allegations of his role in Khashoggi’s murder, the US administration told the court that the prince was untouchable.”
U.S. Justice Department lawyers said in a court filing in November that the Saudi crown prince “enjoys immunity from U.S. courts as the current head of a foreign government.”
The court then dismissed the case on the grounds that the administration’s immunity decision took precedence over the court.
Khashoggi’s fiancée, Hatice Cengiz, said “Jemal died again today” in regards to the immunity decision, which came as the crown prince was declared prime minister at the time.
Mohammed bin Salman has previously denied accusations that Jamal Khashoggi was killed on his orders. However, Zelman later admitted that the murder was committed with his knowledge.
After Cemal Khashoggi entered the Saudi Arabian Consulate General in Istanbul in October 2018, he never left again and it was revealed that Khashoggi was killed inside.
broadcast by Voice of America US court dismisses Khashoggi case in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that the US court has dismissed the Khashoggi case is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district US court dismisses Khashoggi case The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Leopard 2 Challenger 2 news from Abrams and Leclerc. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, Berlin, France, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Xi Jinping meets with Tunisian President Qais Said – WORLD
- News about Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- $500 million sales from Morgan Stanley – WORLD
- Tonight the world population will exceed 8 billion!
- Fitch: ‘International aviation industry will benefit from China lifting travel restrictions’ – WORLD
- Year-end missile test news from North Korea. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Will Europe be able to agree on a maximum price? – WORLD
- News “Executions in Iran, murders committed under the auspices of the state.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events