UN Relief Director: News “The rescue phase is ending.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
United Nations Relief Director Martin Griffiths said the earthquake rescue phase in Turkey and Syria is coming to an end and the urgency is shifting towards shelter, food and psychological support.
Griffiths made this statement during a visit to Aleppo, which was hit by an earthquake in northern Syria.
However, there are still survivors in the earthquake zone.
While some foreign rescue teams have left the earthquake zone in Turkey, US USAID rescue teams are still hoping to get them alive from the rubble in Adiyaman.
A tweet posted by the US embassy in Ankara said: “We are still helping to pull earthquake victims out of the rubble. We know there is hope, we see hope.
During his contacts in Aleppo, Griffiths noted that the city had been badly damaged for many years, but the recent earthquake was the worst suffering for the people of Aleppo.
The UN Relief Director noted that the UN will also supply humanitarian supplies from the region controlled by the Syrian government to the northwestern part of the country, which is under the control of the opposition, hit by the earthquake.
Noting that the trauma experienced by people is visible, Griffiths said, “It’s a trauma that the world needs to heal” and said, “People have lost their children, some survived, some were left under the rubble.”
Griffiths left for Syria after his contacts in the earthquake zone in Turkey.
The death toll from the earthquake in Turkey has exceeded 31,000.
More than 4,300 people have died and more than 7,600 have been injured in the earthquake in Syria, according to the UN.
broadcast by Voice of America UN Relief Director: ‘The rescue phase is ending’ in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. UN Relief Director: “Rescue Phase Ends” is automatically posted on our website as it arrives from the VOA website. in this area UN Relief Director: ‘The rescue phase is ending’ The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The Council of Europe hosted a bazaar for the victims of the earthquake in Turkey – WORLD
- “Foreign companies are optimistic about China’s economic future” – WORLD
- News about the reaction of North Korea to the exercises of the United States and South Korea. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Hungary has vetoed EU aid to Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS headlines and events
- Taikonauts of Shenzhou-15 plan to return in June – WORLD
- G20 final declaration: Central banks determined to achieve price stability – WORLD
- Minister Kirisci will have official contacts in Slovenia and Italy
- Will European solidarity continue? News. Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
- EU Action Plan news against US legislation. Last minute headlines and events in AFRICA, GERMANY, Belgium, France, Spain, Russia, Greece
- The yes to bull versus no to bullfight debate is escalating in Spain. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain, TOURISM headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.