UN humanitarian aid to 2 million Venezuelans. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
According to the UN report, 1.9 million medical services are provided in 322 out of 335 municipalities by 137 organizations; 890 thousand from access to water and cleaning services; In total, 2 million 40 thousand people in need received assistance, including 371 thousand people who received food and other assistance.
A study of living conditions (Encovi 2022) conducted by various universities shows that 53.3 percent of the population, about 15 million people, have an income of less than $57 a month, which the World Bank considers to be extreme poverty.
Although the poverty rate has improved from last year, the fact that almost all salaries are less than $166 a month, which is calculated as mandatory kitchen expenses, increases the need for humanitarian assistance in the country.
Among the noteworthy Encovi 2022 data, the proportion of Venezuelans who go 24 hours without food due to lack of access to food is 13.9%, 190 thousand students drop out of school, one in five people have health problems, immigrants are mostly also included men in aged 30 to 49 years.
The report assumes that Venezuela will be at the top of the world inflation league this year, with inflation reaching 125 percent by the end of the year.
“The concentration of power in one hand has exacerbated the crisis”
According to Mario D’Andrea, a human rights expert who spoke with VOA Turkish, the beginning of the process that turned Venezuela’s socio-economic crisis into an emergency humanitarian crisis dates back to 1999, when the president assembled powers, including the judiciary and the legislature. , into your own hands.
D’Andrea says that after the increase in the president’s powers, the problems in the country, such as corruption and bribery, human rights violations, hyperinflation, price controls, impoverishment, food and medical shortages, have reached uncontrollable levels.
Support for potential immigrants in their home country
Venezuela is currently the second largest shipping country after Ukraine.
According to the R4V platform, which is coordinated by local and international organizations that help Venezuelan immigrants, nearly 6 million of the 7.1 million Venezuelans who left their country because they could not meet their basic needs immigrated to other Latin American countries, where there are serious socio-economic problems. there have already been problems.
Experts note that one of the most effective ways to reduce immigration and the negative effects of the crisis in Venezuela in the region is to help needy Venezuelans in their own country.
broadcast by Voice of America Humanitarian aid from the UN to 2 million Venezuelans in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about UN humanitarian assistance to 2 million Venezuelans is automatically published on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Humanitarian aid from the UN to 2 million Venezuelans The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Kenya launches first Earth observation satellite into space – MIR
- In the news of a sinking ship with illegal immigrants, the number of human casualties increases. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Austria expels four Russian diplomats. Last Minute Austria, Russia headlines and events
- More women are registering to vote after the Supreme Court’s decision to abort
- News about the $1.7 billion demand for Venezuelan immigrants. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News “Finland’s membership in NATO is now in the hands of Turkey.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, Russian news, news headlines and events
- News “180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Elon Musk’s Appeal to the Fed’s Interest Rate – WORLD
- The G7 countries will focus on strengthening Ukraine’s aviation systems against Russia. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- People’s dreams of a good life come true in China – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.