UN General Assembly: news “Russia must pay compensation to Ukraine.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
The UN General Assembly voted and adopted a bill that required Russia to be held accountable and compensated for the damage Ukraine suffered as a result of the war.
While 94 of the 193 members of the UN General Assembly voted in favor of the resolution, only 14 countries voted against the resolution, with 74 abstaining. Among the countries that voted against the resolution were Russia, China and Syria.
The text of the resolution emphasized that Russia should be held responsible for all types of damages caused by actions that violate international rules and that it should compensate for these losses.
The UN General Assembly also recommended that Ukraine work in cooperation with member countries to determine the current losses.
Resolutions of the UN General Assembly are not binding, but are important in terms of generating political pressure. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky also called this decision important.
Posting a video message on the matter, Zelenskiy said: “The compensation that Russia will have to pay for its actions has now become a fact of international law.”
Speaking to the General Assembly ahead of the vote, Ukraine’s Permanent Representative Serhiy Kyslitsa said Russia was targeting everything from factories to homes and hospitals in the country.
Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Ambassador Vasily Nebenzya, in his speech to the General Assembly before the vote, said that Western countries are trying to worsen the situation and are trying to use Russian money for this.
broadcast by Voice of America UN General Assembly: “Russia must pay compensation to Ukraine” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. UN General Assembly: The news “Russia must pay compensation to Ukraine” is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district UN General Assembly: “Russia must pay compensation to Ukraine” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of at least 1,444 deaths. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Refusal of the Supreme Court of Sweden to extradite the Kenesh. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, TURKEY headlines and events
- Johnson: The news that Putin threatened me with missiles. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, Greece, headlines and events
- Black box of crashed plane found in Nepal. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- The free press cannot be blocked! News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- China’s Ministry of Commerce answers questions about list of ‘unreliable entities’ – WORLD
- The Venezuelan search and rescue team has returned. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News “The economic downturn will further distort social justice.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The number of Israeli settlers in the West Bank has exceeded 500,000. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Minister Kirishki in Montreal! – Kent News Agency
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.