Ukrainian soldiers will be trained at a US military base on how to use the Patriot system. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
Ukrainian soldiers are expected to begin training in the use of Patriot missile defense systems at a US military base in the coming weeks.
A US official, who spoke to reporters on condition of anonymity, said Ukrainian forces would train at the Fort Sill base in Oklahoma.
Previously, the Ukrainian military trained in the United States on the use of various military equipment, including Switchblade drones.
At Fort Sill, where Ukrainian soldiers will be trained, U.S. troops also receive basic Patriot missile defense training.
The base in Oklahoma is one of four US military training grounds and is also home to an artillery grade military school.
Training will take months
Last month, US President Joe Biden decided to send Patriot missile systems to Kyiv to strengthen Ukraine’s defense system against Russian missiles.
The decision was announced during Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s visit to Washington in December.
Germany also decided to send one Patriot battery from its own arsenal to Ukraine.
The news that Patriot exercises will take place in Germany has already been reported in the press.
Ukrainian forces are also expected to be trained in what the US military calls combined arms combat training, combining ground operations training with long-range artillery and aviation training.
Military officials say the training process for Ukrainian Patriot systems could take months.
“Defense support for Ukraine can give impetus”
The aid package approved by the US last week includes more than $3 billion in military aid to Ukraine. The United States has authorized more than $24 billion worth of arms transfers to Kyiv since Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.
The Patriot battery, which will be delivered to Ukraine, includes a power generator, a computer system, an ignition control system and eight ramps. In total, about 90 soldiers are involved in feeding the Patriot battery.
US Department of Defense spokesman Pat Ryder said earlier that international equipment and training support for Kyiv will give Ukraine the opportunity to change the balance of power on the ground, gain momentum and not only protect its territory in the war, but also regain lost territories.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in his historic address to Congress last month during his visit to the United States that 2023 will be a turning point in the war.
The Reuters section was used in the news.
broadcast by Voice of America Ukrainian soldiers will be trained at the US military base on the use of the Patriot system in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Ukrainian soldiers will be trained at a military base in the United States to work with the Patriot system is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Ukrainian soldiers will be trained at the US military base on the use of the Patriot system The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “Negotiations with Turkey should be based on the end of the occupation.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Midterm elections usually favor the opposition, but will 2022 affect history?
- America’s Best and Worst Presidents Ranked
- News about the violation of airspace in the Taiwan Strait from the Chinese Air Force. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- China opens its borders to tourists in three years. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Iran: news “The West has a finger in the protests.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Guina power plant put into operation, which will generate electricity for 4 African countries – WORLD
- The EU has agreed on new military assistance to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Russia headlines and events
- News “I do not need to apologize to Algeria.” Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- China announces new package to ease SME access to finance – WORLD