U.S. Provides Passengers From China with COVID Testing Facility: Implementation Begins in News Jan. 5 Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
America requires testing for travelers from China who are struggling with rising COVID-19 cases. Health officials have said passengers will be required to test negative for COVID-19 from January 5.
The number of new infections is rising in China, which abandoned its “zero COVID” policy after protests in many cities in early December.
After India, Italy, Japan and Taiwan, the United States is also starting to apply negative COVID tests for passengers over 2 years old arriving from China, Hong Kong or Macau no later than two days before.
Federal officials have said that passengers who test positive more than 10 days before their flight can show proof they have recovered in lieu of a negative test.
U.S. officials noted that the lack of information about variants of the COVID-19 virus and fears that rising cases in China could lead to new variants of the virus were effective in changing policy.
US expands genome sequencing program
It also expands the voluntary genome sequencing program at US airports. In this regard, the cities of Seattle and Los Angeles were also added to the program.
Thus, the number of airports collecting information from positive tests has increased to seven.
Beijing has faced criticism that the official COVID figures and the announced death toll are inconsistent.
A U.S. health official who provided the information to reporters said they have limited information that there is a reported rise in cases in China and that it is difficult for them to estimate the true infection rate due to declining testing. in China.
Some health experts have noted that the virus could infect 1 million people a day in China. International models also predict that 2 million or more people could die in China.
Vaccination rates among the elderly in China are low
On the other hand, China is trying to increase the vaccination rate of the elderly population. In China, where mRNA-based vaccines developed using new technologies have not yet been approved, the overall vaccination rate is 90 percent; however, the proportion of adults taking booster doses is 57 percent.
According to official figures released by the Chinese government, this figure is about 42 percent among the population over 80 years old.
None of the nine COVID-19 vaccines developed in China have been updated for use with the Omicron variant.
US official: “China refused aid”
US officials have offered to support China for an mRNA vaccine; however, he states that Chinese officials have said they do not need US assistance at this stage.
A US official who briefed the reporters said the offer of assistance remains open.
In June, the United States lifted the requirement for travelers arriving in the country to test negative for COVID-19.
broadcast by Voice of America US Introduces COVID Testing Requirement for Passengers from China: Implementation Begins January 5 in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The US is providing COVID testing facilities to passengers from China: the news that the application will start on January 5 is automatically published on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area US Introduces COVID Testing Requirement for Passengers from China: Implementation Begins January 5 The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The EU has agreed on a maximum price for Russian oil of $60. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The news of the approval of Navalny in prison “They spoil my health.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- Aid from South Korea to Ukraine – MIR
- The Libyan court suspended the energy agreement with Turkey. Last Minute AFRICA, Greece, headlines and events
- News of negotiations on military cooperation between Sweden and the United States. Top news and events in EUROPE
- News from the investigation of deaths from syrup from the WHO. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- 700 dead seals ended up on Russian shores of the Caspian Sea – WORLD
- News “Turkey Wants What We Can’t” Latest Russian Last Minute News and Events
- News “Executions in Iran, murders committed under the auspices of the state.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News of the opposition and government negotiations in Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events