U.S. call for continued trilateral consensus talks. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
The Biden administration reiterated its support for the early entry of the two Scandinavian countries into NATO after Turkey decided to postpone trilateral talks with Sweden and Finland indefinitely.
US State Department spokesman Ned Price was asked at his daily press briefing whether Washington would support Finland’s possible entry into the Alliance without Sweden. Price declined to comment on what he called “hypothetical”.
Stating that such an issue was not on their agenda, Price said, “It’s always been a discussion about Finland and Sweden.” Price noted that they wanted to transform the 28-member alliance into a 30-member NATO.
Asked if the US administration has approached Turkish officials about suspending trilateral talks, Price said that “next rounds of talks have not been canceled, but postponed.”
A spokesman for Price said: “This is an opportunity for Finland, Sweden and Turkey to assess where they are. “Obviously we want these consultations to continue,” he said.
Stating that the issues should be resolved between Turkey, Finland and Sweden in a trilateral agreement, Price said: “We are proud to have been with them in signing this agreement, but in the end we are not a party to this agreement. All I can say is that Finland and Sweden have taken concrete steps to fulfill their obligations under the trilateral agreement with Turkey.
At a briefing at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Price’s statement yesterday about the burning of the Koran over the weekend in front of the Turkish Embassy in Stockholm was again heard.
“As far as I understand, this is the work of a provocateur, someone who is deliberately trying to distance himself from our two close partners, Turkey and Sweden, deliberately trying to influence the ongoing debate about Sweden and Finland joining NATO,” Price said. said.
The spokesman was asked if the statement was related to allegations that Russia had a hand in the burning of the Koran.
Stating that he is not trying to imply that, Price said: “What I mean and what we see in statements like this from our Swedish partners is the fact that in some cases people involved in this activity may not want Sweden to join. in NATO. and may want to destroy the transatlantic alliance. The truth is that there are people who benefit from the strong and well-established democratic principles that Sweden holds dear.
broadcast by Voice of America US calls for continuation of trilateral consensus talks in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News from the United States calling for continued trilateral consensus talks is automatically posted on our website as it arrives from the VOA website. in this district US calls for continuation of trilateral consensus talks The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Fed/Harker: Growth to slow in coming months – WORLD
- The oldest DNA was discovered 2 million years ago in Greenland. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- Russia is trying to solve the problem of the Lachin corridor. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Kılıçdaroğlu will hold a joint press conference with Rifkin. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, UK, headlines and events
- Proposal of the Special Tribunal for War Crimes of Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Mitsotakis requested balloons from King Charles’ news. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, Greece, headlines and events
- The countdown begins for the news “Historic football match” France-Morocco. Last Minute GERMANY, France headlines and events
- News from the US to Turkey to confirm NATO membership of Sweden and Finland. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The Swedish Ambassador was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs because of the protest. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- WHO mask recommendation for long flights. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events