Twitter has lifted its ban on political ads. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Social network Twitter announced the lifting of the ban on political advertising, introduced in 2019. The company said in a statement yesterday that it will expand its advertising policy in the US to a level similar to that of television and media institutions.
With these changes, Twitter is expected to bring its advertising policy closer to that of Facebook, Google and Youtube. Chinese video app TikTok continues to ban political ads.
“We believe that targeted advertising promotes public dialogue on important issues,” Twitter said in a statement.
Twitter’s head of security, Ella Irvine, said among the targeted ads the company will allow are ads that raise awareness about government programs like voter registration, climate change, or the census.
Twitter banned political ads in 2019 when social networks were criticized for spreading election-related misinformation. Twitter also banned social content ads.
However, big advertisers turned their backs on Twitter after Elon Musk laid off thousands of employees after buying Twitter in October, former President Donald Trump abandoned his permanent account ban and rushed a paid verification feature that scammers took advantage of.
Last month, Musk defended the strict cost-cutting measures, saying Twitter could have $3 billion minus cash flow next year and said he hoped to balance revenue and expenses as a result of the measures.
broadcast by Voice of America Twitter lifts ban on political ads in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Twitter lifts the ban on political ads automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Twitter lifts ban on political ads The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- “Puppet” statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sweden. Top news and events in EUROPE
- Is buying blue ticks on Twitter included?
- Turkey Confidence Index Announced
- 2022 is the Year of Women’s Rights Activists News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Mask warning to users!
- Xi Jinping urges IMF: “SDR process for low-income countries should be accelerated” – WORLD
- Musk’s latest move: 1.2 billion accounts will be deleted
- ‘Slight increase’ signal from Fed spokesman – MIR
- Iran executed two more protesters with Hanging News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Today launched the first freight train China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan – WORLD