Twitter has lifted its ban on political ads. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Social network Twitter announced the lifting of the ban on political advertising, introduced in 2019. The company said in a statement yesterday that it will expand its advertising policy in the US to a level similar to that of television and media institutions.
With these changes, Twitter is expected to bring its advertising policy closer to that of Facebook, Google and Youtube. Chinese video app TikTok continues to ban political ads.
“We believe that targeted advertising promotes public dialogue on important issues,” Twitter said in a statement.
Twitter’s head of security, Ella Irvine, said among the targeted ads the company will allow are ads that raise awareness about government programs like voter registration, climate change, or the census.
Twitter banned political ads in 2019 when social networks were criticized for spreading election-related misinformation. Twitter also banned social content ads.
However, big advertisers turned their backs on Twitter after Elon Musk laid off thousands of employees after buying Twitter in October, former President Donald Trump abandoned his permanent account ban and rushed a paid verification feature that scammers took advantage of.
Last month, Musk defended the strict cost-cutting measures, saying Twitter could have $3 billion minus cash flow next year and said he hoped to balance revenue and expenses as a result of the measures.
broadcast by Voice of America Twitter lifts ban on political ads in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Twitter lifts the ban on political ads automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Twitter lifts ban on political ads The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Will saving Central America save democracy?
- News “The most disturbing region is the north-west of Syria.”
- Foreign Ministers of China and Japan to meet face to face for the first time in 28 months
- One in three older people in Latin America has no income. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- China’s TikTok statement: ‘US hasn’t provided evidence yet’ – WORLD
- Kayseri Europeans cooked and sold ravioli to earthquake victims. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- News of the mobilization of assistance to victims of the earthquake in foreign missions of Turkey. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
- Finland officially became the 31st member of NATO. – WORLD
- Melting ice sheets in Antarctica may disappear sooner than expected – WORLD
- China’s “Village of the Abyss” has undergone new changes – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.