Treasury Department enacts ‘extraordinary measures’ to keep debt limit from exceeding – WORLD
The US Treasury Department enacted “extraordinary measures” to prevent exceeding the debt limitTreasury Secretary Janet Yellen reiterated her call for Congress to increase or suspend the debt limit.WASHINGTON (AA) — The US Treasury Department has begun taking emergency action to prevent the country from defaulting as the federal government hit its $31.4 trillion debt ceiling. Janet YellenSpeaker of the U.S. House of Representatives on the Department’s Debt Restraint Measures Kevin McCarthy“immediate action” to preserve the “full trust and reputation” of the United States. The $31.4 trillion debt ceiling is threatened in the federal government, which could lead to default. The debt ceiling is the upper limit on the amount of money the US government can borrow for paying off their debts. Joe Biden The administration has called on Congress to increase the debt limit, while Republicans, who have just won a majority in the House of Representatives, are pushing for spending cuts. The debt cap issue is described as a stalemate between Democrats and Republicans that “could lead to a financial crisis in a few months.” 5 months to pass legislation that would increase or suspend the debt limit U.S. Treasury Secretary Yellen, in a letter sent to Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives McCarthy last week, warned that “the United States may reach the debt limit on Jan. 19.” In the United States, the federal debt limit government increased a total of 22 times between 1997 and 2022.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Died Ukrainian Minister Anatolyevich
- New Chinese Prime Minister Li Chang – WORLD
- The key players in the Ukrainian conflict embody distinctive styles of leadership
- News about the decision to send patriots to Ukraine in Davos. Last Minute GERMANY, Netherlands, Russia headlines and events
- Winter will not come to Turkey! Why is drought dangerous?
- “Why is CIIE preferred for the first launch of science-based products?” – WORLD
- What happened after the earthquake was closely watched in the US news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- UK faces worst production drop since pandemic – WORLD
- Why has the war in Ukraine not improved relations with the EU? News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- Decision on the “damage fund” at the climate summit
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.