They revived the 48,000-year-old virus!
An international research team has recreated a 48,500-year-old virus found in Siberia.
Jean-Michel Claverie, a team member and researcher at Aix-Marseille University in France, told New Scientist: “48,500 years is a world record.” An international team has discovered they are alive through their observational research on nine ancient viruses found in the frozen soils of Siberia that infect amoebas in the lab. Scientists have indicated that such viruses are still at levels capable of infecting living organisms.
According to information in TRT Haber, scientists have warned that thawing permafrost (an ancient pathogen) could pose a danger to humanity, following the resurgence of an ancient virus that has been frozen for tens of thousands of years.
In addition, studies have established that the oldest of the newly discovered viruses is almost 50 thousand years old, and in total, 7 old viruses were studied in their latest studies.
On the other hand, the team, which includes scientists from Russia, France and Germany, has previously managed to resurrect two other ancient viruses that are 30,000 years old.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The sound of the explosion is heard during Japanese Prime Minister Kishida’s visit to Wakayama.
- Beijing’s reaction to the US downed Chinese spy balloon. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Mask warning to users!
- Hundreds of people in London protested against the government’s health policy. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events
- News of a call to cancel 20 percent of flights at Orly airport on January 31 in France. Last Minute EUROPE, FRANCE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- Donald Trump will run for a second term!
- Pashinyan: “We are ready to recognize Karabakh as Azerbaijani land!”
- The ATGB called for freedom of the press in Brussels. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, PHOTO GALLERY, CURRENT, POLITICS news headlines and events
- US sanctions against a Turkish businessman on charges of breaching sanctions against Iran and money laundering. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Battleship sunk: 31 soldiers missing!
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.