The Swedish Ambassador was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs because of the protest. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the Swedish Ambassador to Ankara, Staffan Herrström, to the Ministry in connection with the fact that a protest demonstration planned for tomorrow in front of the Turkish Embassy in Stockholm was allowed.
According to diplomatic sources, the “provocative action” associated with the burning of the Holy Quran was condemned in the strongest terms, it was stated that this attitude of Sweden was unacceptable, Turkey expected that the action would not be allowed, and insults to sacred values could not be defended under the guise of “democratic right.”
The ministry also reminded Ambassador Herrström that circles linked to the terrorist organization PKK had announced a demonstration in the center of Stockholm, saying that allowing terrorist organizations and their supporters to conduct propaganda activities is a clear violation of the Tripartite Covenant.
Turkish-Swedish relations are going through a difficult period these days, when Sweden and Finland are waiting for Turkey’s approval for NATO membership.
Two Nordic countries applied to join NATO after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine last year. However, their membership must be ratified by all 30 NATO members. Turkey and Hungary have not yet approved the membership of Sweden and Finland.
Herrström was summoned to the ministry last week for a protest in Stockholm where a puppet of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was hanged. Stockholm condemned the incident, but Turkey said that Stockholm should take a stronger stance on terrorism.
broadcast by Voice of America Swedish Ambassador summoned to Foreign Office over protest in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Swedish Ambassador Summons to Foreign Office in Protest News is automatically published on our website because it comes from the VOA website. in this district Swedish Ambassador summoned to Foreign Office over protest The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The first meeting of the chiefs of staff of the United States and Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Warning news from the UN for social networks. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News “I don’t want only Turks and Chinese at the table.” Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
- Extramarital sex is prohibited in Indonesia. Top Dutch news headlines and events
- Permission to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine? News. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- The G7 countries reaffirmed their pledge of support to Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- German President Steinmeier: News from Albania, an EU-friendly country. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- News about the official application for a permit for a leopard from Poland to Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Russia headlines and events
- President Erdogan received Indian Ambassador Paul
- Tesla bull keeps buying