The number of tourists exceeding 900 million in 2022 reached 63 percent of the pre-epidemic figure. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TOURISM news headlines and events
The UN World Tourism Organization announced that more than 900 million people traveled worldwide in 2022, and the number of tourists increased by 63 percent compared to the period before the COVID-19 outbreak.
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has announced that more than 900 million people traveled worldwide in 2022, doubling from a year ago, and the number of tourists increased by 63 percent compared to the previous period. Outbreak of Covid-19.
The UNWTO, headquartered in Madrid, the capital of Spain, has published a report with tourism data for 2022.
The report indicated that there was an increase in the number of tourists in all regions of the world, and there was a recovery of 63% from 900 million in 2022 compared to the number of tourists in the world before the epidemic (2019), which amounted to a record 1.5 billion.
The Middle East, at 83 percent pre-epidemic, was the region closest to 2019 tourism data.
Europe, which was the region with the most tourists with 585 million last year, has reached 80 percent of its pre-epidemic levels.
This figure remained at 65 percent in Africa and the Americas and 23 percent in Asia and the Pacific.
In the report, one of the factors that will most affect tourism in 2023 is the economic crisis, and “tourists are expected to be more careful in 2023, spending less, taking shorter trips and visiting closer places.” expression was used.
World Tourism Organization experts have calculated that the number of tourists in the world in 2023 will be from 80 to 95 percent of the pre-epidemic level, depending on the development of the economic crisis.
On the other hand, UNWTO Secretary General Zurab Pololikashvili said: “Despite the fact that we are facing various challenges such as the global economic situation and ongoing geopolitical uncertainty, we look to 2023 as an optimistic year for world tourism.” said.
Pololikashvili said economic factors are expected to affect people’s travel habits in 2023, but domestic and regional tourism will be strengthened.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- America’s smartest (and “stupidest”) presidents
- The woman who answered the question “Turkey” won the main prize!
- The news of the approval of Navalny in prison “They spoil my health.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- NATO and the EU have signed a Statement of “Strengthening Cooperation”. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- China’s call for dialogue news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Cavusoglu discussed the actions in Paris with his French counterpart. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- The world population is over 8 billion. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Recession indicator in the US bond market reaches historic levels – WORLD
- Zelensky asks to speed up the delivery of tanks. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- Venezuela resumes oil exports to America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events