The news that the leader of the mafia, Matteo Messina Denaro, has been caught. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
It was reported that Matteo Messina Denaro, the leader of an organized crime organization wanted in Italy for many years, was caught this morning in the city of Palermo by Italian security forces.
General Pasquale Angelosanto of the Italian Gendarmerie (Carabinieri) said in a statement: “As part of the investigation carried out by the Palermo prosecutor’s office, the gendarmerie brigades detained the fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro in a private clinic where he was being treated.” said.
It was stated that 60-year-old Denaro, who is serving a life sentence for the murders committed and inspired by him, was taken to a secret place after his arrest.
The arrest of Denaro, known as the big boss of the Cosa Nostra mafia group operating on the island of Sicily in the south of the country and one of the most wanted criminals, made a big impression in Italy.
Denaro played a role in numerous murders, as well as in the murders of famous judges Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, who became a symbol in the country for their fight against the mafia, but could not avoid being targeted by the mafia in 1992, and also in Milan, Florence and Rome, which the mafia carried out in 1993. Among the news in the press was that he was responsible for the bombings in .
Escaped from prison in the summer of 1993, Denaro was known as the most important person to lead this group after notorious Cosa Nostra mafia boss Salvatore (Toto) Riina.
Prime Minister Meloni interprets Denaro’s capture as a “victory”.
Italian President Sergio Mattarella reportedly congratulated Interior Minister Matteo Piantedosi and the gendarmerie for the capture of Denaro.
Prime Minister Georgia Meloni, in a written statement on the capture of mafia boss Denaro, said: “A great victory for the state, which shows that it does not give up in the face of the mafia.” made his comment.
Meloni stated that Denaro was caught and prosecuted on the eve of the anniversary of the capture of another notorious mafia boss, Salvatore (Toto) Riina. Meloni stated that his government would continue the fight against the mafia without interruption.
Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Antonio Tajani also noted that the capture of Denaro by the state dealt a heavy blow to the mafia.
Interior Minister Piantedosi also stated that Denaro’s capture was a historic event and he was very pleased with the result.
Defense Minister Guido Crosetto congratulated the security forces on the capture and detention of Matteo Messina Denaro in a message on his Twitter page.
The Italian press also announced the capture of Denaro, whom he called the “Father of Fathers”, as the “last minute”.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Alleged audio recording of Zawahiri’s al-Qaeda. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- $5 billion on the way from Saudi Arabia to CBRT – WORLD
- Supporters of the terrorist organization PKK attacked the police in Paris. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, POLITICAL news headlines and events
- Iranian Ministry of Health: 3 people died from Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in the last 3 months – WORLD
- News about the suspension of support for the Hungarian Foundation. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The Ambassador of the Netherlands was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands headlines and events
- News “Israel strikes at Damascus airport.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- 4473 women are killed per year in Latin America. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Zelensky: “The most important task for all of us is to win this war” – MIR
- Amazon is laying off 18,000 employees. Last Minute France, England, Spain headlines and events