The news that only the euro is used in Croatia. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
Since Croatia, one of the youngest members of the European Union (EU), has now fully adopted the euro, the public has said they cannot get used to the variety of coins.
Since January 1, Croatia has been a member of both the Schengen and the Eurozone, and the transition from the official currency to the euro was completed today.
Retired Zoran Juric told the Anadolu Agency (AA) that the official currency is the euro, expressing his satisfaction that Croatia is using one of the world’s largest currencies such as the euro: “I have problems with coins. I could not fully adapt to them. .” said.
Juric also said that he considers the government’s decision to change the kuna in post offices positive.
Ivo Vrlic, who works as a market vendor in the capital city of Zagreb, noted that people continue to get used to it: “A lot of coins. I have some difficulty in this regard. in kunas. he said.
Student Roko Raguz emphasized that he needed time to get used to the euro, adding: “As soon as the euro was introduced, prices went up a bit. Hope it settles down soon.” gave his assessment.
Although the official currency in Croatia is the euro, it has been noted that kunas can be exchanged for euros at post offices until the end of 2023 and at the National Bank of Croatia in 2024.
Croatia became a member of the EU in 2013.
Croatia, which became a member of the EU in 2013, became the 27th member of the Schengen area on January 1, and also changed its official currency from the kuna to the euro.
Croatia has introduced the Schengen rules gradually since 2013 when it joined the EU. Croatia believes that the inclusion in the Schengen will have a positive impact on the country’s economy and increase its competitiveness due to the free, fast and cheap circulation of goods and services. The country also predicts that tourism revenue will increase as a member of the Schengen area.
The Croatian government announced that from January 1, the country’s borders will be brought into line with the Schengen rules for transportation and transportation by land, rail and sea, and set a date of March 26, 2023 for the full readiness of airports.
Croatia has become “the 20th country in the EU to use the euro”.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- China’s call for dialogue news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- How whales fight global warming
- The news that Morocco, which also knocked out Portugal, has gone down in history for Qatar. Top news and events in EUROPE
- A donation of 1 billion euros for Ukraine was collected in Paris. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, POLITICS, Russia headlines and events
- TTB President Shebnem Korur Finkanji, who was sentenced to 32 months and 15 days in prison, has been released. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Over 35 million passengers carried in China on January 25 – WORLD
- Australian Commerce Minister Farrell meets with his Chinese counterpart Wang – WORLD
- TikTok ban in UK and Scottish parliaments – WORLD
- The news “Merkel disappointed me.” Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu met with Swedish Foreign Minister Tobias Bilström in Brussels. – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.