The news of the legendary football player Pele lost his life. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Brazilian soccer legend Pelé, who rose from poverty to become one of the greatest and most famous athletes in modern history, has died at the age of 82.
His daughter Kelly Nascimento has confirmed that Pelé, the only footballer to win the World Cup three times, has died on his Instagram account.
Pele has been undergoing regular chemotherapy since a tumor was removed from his colon in September 2021.
The famous footballer also found it difficult to walk unaided after a failed hip surgery in 2012. Before the Corona virus pandemic in February 2020, his son Edinho said that deteriorating health was causing Pelé to become depressed.
Pelé, whose full name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento, joined Santos in 1956 and made the small beach club one of the biggest names in football.
Pelé has won several regional and national championships, as well as two Copa Libertadores, the South American equivalent of the Champions League, and two Intercontinental Cups, an annual tournament between the best teams in Europe and South America.
The first was in Sweden in 1958 at the age of 17, the second four years later in Chile despite missing most of the tournament due to injury, and the third in Mexico in 1970 when he captained a team considered one of the greatest teams ever to win three World Cups in Brazil.
Pelé, who ended his football career by leaving Santos in 1974, made a surprise comeback a year later, signing a lucrative deal to join the then-NFL team, the New York Cosmos.
Pelé has scored 1283 goals in his magnificent 21-year career.
However, Pelé took football to a higher level than any player before or since and became one of the first global icons of the 20th century.
With his heart-winning smile and surprising modesty that won over his fans, Pelé was more famous than many Hollywood stars, dads or presidents he had met in his sixty-year career as a football player.
Pele owes his unparalleled combination of talent, creative genius and technical skills to a young man from a small town in Brazil who often played with grapefruit or rag balls because his family could not afford a real ball.
His home in Brazil was less than a mile from the beach, but he hadn’t been there in almost two decades because he was afraid of the crowds.
However, he rarely complained, even when he was the most outspoken among his friends. Believing that his talent was a divine gift, Pele spoke eloquently of how football allowed him to travel the world, bring joy to cancer patients and survivors of war and famine, and support a growing family that often did not know the source of their experiences. next meal.
In an interview with Reuters in 2013, Pele said: “God gave me this talent for one reason: to make people happy. Whatever I did, I tried to remember it.”
broadcast by Voice of America Legendary soccer player Pele dies in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Information about the legendary football player Pele, who lost his life, is automatically published on our website from the Voice of America website. in this area Legendary soccer player Pele dies The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Turkey Confidence Index Announced
- EU countries have agreed on coordinated measures for passengers from China. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- China-Laos railway transported 8.5 million passengers in a year – WORLD
- US military bases honor Confederate figures for new names
- Request for energy demand from Zelensky: news for 800 million euros. Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
- News about the attack on the Azerbaijani embassy in Tehran. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- UK economy shrinks below expectations – WORLD
- News Netanyahu is the sixth time Prime Minister of Israel. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- France deports 44 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- Decision on a 4-day strike of medical workers!