The latest news is that the EU is preparing new sanctions against Russia. Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said during her visit to Finland today that the European Union is resolutely continuing to prepare the ninth package of sanctions against Russia in response to Moscow’s attack on Ukraine.
“We are working hard to strike at a sore spot in Russia, further weakening its ability to wage war with Ukraine, and today I can announce that we are working at full speed on the ninth package of sanctions,” Ursula von der Leyen said.
“I am sure that very soon, together with the G7 countries and our other major partners, we will approve a global price ceiling for Russian oil. We will not rest until Ukraine defeats Putin and his illegal and barbaric war,” the head of state said. President of the European Commission.
Von der Leyen did not share details of the new EU sanctions.
Last month, the European Union completed its eighth round of sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, including further restrictions on trade in steel and technology products.
At a joint press conference with the Prime Ministers of Finland and Estonia and Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden Ursula von der Leyen said that Russian attacks on Ukrainian civilian infrastructure, such as electricity, constitute war crimes.
The President of the European Commission added: “I know that our Ukrainian friends will also overcome this strategy, because they are strong, their cause is justified, and we, as the EU, support them at any cost in these very difficult times.”
The European Parliament, headquartered in Strasbourg, France, said yesterday that military strikes on Ukrainian civilian targets such as energy infrastructure, hospitals, schools and shelters violate international law, declaring Russia “a sponsor of terrorism and a state using terrorist instruments.” text adopted by 494 parliamentarians. 58 deputies voted against the bill, 44 deputies abstained.
The decision is largely symbolic, as there is no legal framework in the European Union to support this decision. The EU has imposed unprecedented sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
Russia denies it deliberately targeted civilians in Ukraine, but admits it has launched a campaign of attacks on electricity and other infrastructure, which Moscow claims is aimed at reducing Kyiv’s combat capability and forcing it into negotiations.
European Parliament approves 18 billion euros in aid to Ukraine
Meanwhile, the European Parliament today backed a proposal for a new €18bn European bailout for Ukraine for 2023, which was blocked by Hungary, which is in conflict with Brussels.
In a vote held at the General Assembly of the European Parliament in Strasbourg, the aid was accepted by 507 votes against 38. 26 deputies abstained.
The decision must also be approved by the European Council.
Hungary continues to veto this resolution. Hungary will not lift the veto if the EU does not allocate 13.3 billion euros to it, which should be provided.
broadcast by Voice of America EU prepares for new sanctions against Russia in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that the EU is preparing for new sanctions against Russia is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district EU prepares for new sanctions against Russia The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “Two or three days are very important to help the victims.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- Melting ice sheets in Antarctica may disappear sooner than expected – WORLD
- Venezuela resumes oil exports to America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- China’s defense budget for 2023 to increase by 7.2 percent – WORLD
- News “We share satellite images with Turkey.” Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- The EU Commission wanted Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia to join the Schengen area. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, TOURISM headlines and events
- China receives $189 billion in foreign investment in 2022 – WORLD
- The German Defense Minister resigns. Last Minute GERMANY, Spain, Russia headlines and events
- Focus on cooperation between China and Germany – WORLD
- News “We are back on the streets after years.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events