The Greek Foreign Minister did not get off the plane in Tripoli. Last minute Greece news headlines and events
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias refused to get off his plane after he left for Tripoli, the first leg of his visit to Libya.
Dendias, who did not get off the plane in Tripoli, traveled to Benghazi in the east of the country, the Associated Press reported, citing Greek authorities.
Nikos Dendias embarked on a two-part Libya tour that included a meeting with Mohammed Yunus Menfi, head of government in Tripoli in western Libya. This will be followed by a meeting with the eastern administration in Benghazi.
However, when his plane landed in Tripoli, Dendias learned that Libyan Foreign Minister Leyla al-Mangush was waiting at the airport to meet him. After that, Dendias refused to get off the plane in Tripoli and continued on his way to Benghazi.
Diplomatic crisis between Greece and Libya
The Greek Foreign Ministry described the incident as “a violation of the protocol and agreed terms of the visit”, while the Libyan Foreign Ministry condemned Dendias’s refusal to get off the plane.
Dendias later told reporters that Mangush “tried to get him to come to the airport and meet him.”
Mohamed Hamuda, a government spokesman in Tripoli, said that “Mangoush’s presence at the airport is part of diplomatic custom.”
Tensions in the Tripoli-Ankara agreement
The agreement on the sea and natural gas signed between Turkey and the administration of Tripoli has caused controversy and increased tension in the Mediterranean. In Libya, which has been in turmoil since the 2011 uprising that ousted and killed Muammar Gaddafi, two rival governments operate in the east and west of the country.
A preliminary Tripoli-Ankara deal on the sea and natural gas, signed last month, was rejected by Greece and Egypt, which accused Turkey of using the agreement to expand its influence in the Mediterranean.
The agreement includes joint exploration of Libya’s offshore hydrocarbon reserves.
Dendias, during his visit to Cairo last month, said the agreement violated Greece’s maritime borders and said they did not recognize the agreement.
broadcast by Voice of America Greek foreign minister did not get off plane in Tripoli in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that the Greek Foreign Minister did not get off the plane in Tripoli is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Greek foreign minister did not get off plane in Tripoli The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- NATO to make important decisions at Vilnius summit – WORLD
- FIFA president criticizes Qatar too harshly ahead of World Cup news. Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, Football, CURRENT, SPORTS news headlines and events
- What do Europeans think about the war in Ukraine? News. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia headlines and events
- Another news about nuclear energy from Russia. Last Minute AFRICA, Russia headlines and events
- The ATGB called for freedom of the press in Brussels. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, PHOTO GALLERY, CURRENT, POLITICS news headlines and events
- Young people in Paris marched against the state pension reform. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- 3 satellites launched from China – MIR
- Former UK Prime Minister Truss in Taiwan – WORLD
- How many different types of trees are there in the world? What types of trees are most common in Turkey?
- News about the reduction of natural gas prices in Europe by 5 times. Last Minute Netherlands, Russia headlines and events