The EU Commission wanted Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia to join the Schengen area. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, TOURISM headlines and events
The Commission of the European Union (EU) expressed the opinion that Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia should join the Schengen area.
“Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia are ready to join the Schengen area,” European Commissioner for Home Affairs Ylva Johansson said at a press conference. used phrases.
“Over the years, these Member States have made a significant contribution to the smooth functioning of the Schengen area, including during the epidemic and most recently, when faced with the unprecedented consequences of the war in Ukraine,” Johansson said. gave his assessment.
Noting that a vote will be taken at the meeting of interior ministers on December 8, Johansson stressed that the inclusion of the three countries in the Schengen area will be possible as a result of a unanimous decision of the Council.
In a statement made by the Commission, “Bulgaria and Romania successfully completed the assessment process for the Schengen area in 2011. In December 2021, the Council confirmed that Croatia has fulfilled the conditions for joining the Schengen area without internal border controls.” expressions were used.
Currently, the Schengen area includes 26 countries. These include Bulgaria, Croatia, the Greek Cypriot administration, EU members except Ireland and Romania, and non-EU Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. You can travel between these countries without a visa.
Johansson, in response to a question, stated that there was an increase in illegal migration along the “Middle Mediterranean Route” and said: “Our main concern should always be saving lives, and the best way is to prevent people from making these trips.” .” said.
Johansson said Bangladeshis recently ranked first among countries trying to enter the EU via this route. used phrases.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Plane collides with truck – Kent News Agency
- The largest trial in Belgian history has begun. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- The two-month profit of the software industry exceeded $ 25 billion – WORLD
- Dispute with Turkey Sweden moves to EU leadership news. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, France, Netherlands, Spain, Greece headlines and events
- News about the attack of drones on the Iranian military plant. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News about the call to lift sanctions from China and Iran. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- What is the secret of the equipment in which Messi performed at the World Cup?
- America Awaits KOEP Deal – World News
- Yemen: Saudi-led coalition must remain in Yemen
- China’s inflation rate to remain moderate in 2023 – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.