The EU Commission wanted Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia to join the Schengen area. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, TOURISM headlines and events
The Commission of the European Union (EU) expressed the opinion that Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia should join the Schengen area.
“Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia are ready to join the Schengen area,” European Commissioner for Home Affairs Ylva Johansson said at a press conference. used phrases.
“Over the years, these Member States have made a significant contribution to the smooth functioning of the Schengen area, including during the epidemic and most recently, when faced with the unprecedented consequences of the war in Ukraine,” Johansson said. gave his assessment.
Noting that a vote will be taken at the meeting of interior ministers on December 8, Johansson stressed that the inclusion of the three countries in the Schengen area will be possible as a result of a unanimous decision of the Council.
In a statement made by the Commission, “Bulgaria and Romania successfully completed the assessment process for the Schengen area in 2011. In December 2021, the Council confirmed that Croatia has fulfilled the conditions for joining the Schengen area without internal border controls.” expressions were used.
Currently, the Schengen area includes 26 countries. These include Bulgaria, Croatia, the Greek Cypriot administration, EU members except Ireland and Romania, and non-EU Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. You can travel between these countries without a visa.
Johansson, in response to a question, stated that there was an increase in illegal migration along the “Middle Mediterranean Route” and said: “Our main concern should always be saving lives, and the best way is to prevent people from making these trips.” .” said.
Johansson said Bangladeshis recently ranked first among countries trying to enter the EU via this route. used phrases.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Hundreds of people in London protested against the government’s health policy. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events
- China sends 14 satellites into space in one launch – MIR
- News about Russia’s response to new sanctions. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Japan expects full cooperation from Iran with International Atomic Energy Agency – WORLD
- EU countries are preparing for a new step against migration. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- News “I won’t apologize for popping the China bubble.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Yemen: Saudi-led coalition must remain in Yemen
- Pianist Gülsin Onay performed a concert in memory of the victims of the earthquake at the University of Cambridge – WORLD
- Economic problems hit Pakistan’s car and motorcycle industry – WORLD
- Wanted for 30 years, the Italian mafia boss is arrested. Top news and events in EUROPE