The EU calls on Iran to stop supporting Russia. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Josep Borrell told Iranian Foreign Minister Hussein Emir Abdullahian that Iran should immediately support Russia and stop pressure inside the country.
Borrell said this meeting with Emir Abdullayan during a regional conference in Jordan was necessary at a time when relations between the EU and Iran were deteriorating.
While there were no signs of a resumption of nuclear talks, Borrell noted that the EU would continue to work with Iran to restart the 2015 nuclear deal.
In a message posted on Twitter, Borrell said: “Efforts to keep open channels of communication and revive the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) in Vienna Recently, the 2015 international nuclear agreement stalled. While Iran is trying to quell protests against the regime in the country, Western countries It says that Iran is using drones in Russia’s war with Ukraine, all this makes it difficult to ease sanctions against Iran.
The United States withdrew from the 2015 international nuclear deal with Iran at the request of former President Donald Trump in 2018. After that, Iran began to withdraw from the agreement. The deal included easing sanctions while limiting Iran’s nuclear power production.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry said in a statement that Emir Abdullahyan noted that his country is ready to correct any misunderstandings about Tehran’s position in the Ukrainian war through direct communication with Ukraine.
Iran confirmed it was supplying the drones to Moscow, but said they were sent to Russia before the war in Ukraine. Russia has used them to target power plants and civilian infrastructure.
Abdullahyan also denounced Western support for the protests in Iran and sanctions he said were “illegal” against his country.
New sanctions after Iranian protests
The EU and the US have imposed new sanctions on Iran for its brutal crackdown on protests after a 22-year-old Kurdish woman, Mahsa Amini, died in September after being detained by the vice police.
The demonstrations are considered the biggest problem facing the religious regime in Iran since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
According to the GRANA news agency, 502 protesters and 62 security guards were killed during the events.
The West blames Iran for “unreasonable demands” after all sides seem to have reached an agreement to drag out nuclear talks.
One of the obstacles to the deal are traces of uranium found at undeclared nuclear facilities.
Yesterday, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) UN nuclear watchdog officials told the semi-official ISNA news agency that they had returned from a meeting with the head of Iran’s nuclear energy agency.
An Iranian official told the IRNA news agency today that Iranian nuclear negotiator Ali Bagheri Kani and EU nuclear coordinator Enrique Mora were also present at today’s meeting.
broadcast by Voice of America EU urges Iran to stop supporting Russia in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the EU’s call to stop supporting Iran in Russia is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area EU urges Iran to stop supporting Russia The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of negotiations on military cooperation between Sweden and the United States. Top news and events in EUROPE
- “Our allies must stop supporting terrorist organizations in Syria.” News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- 50 billion yuan deal signed on first day of China Airshow – WORLD
- The Paris murders are featured in the news for their 10th anniversary. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- News “American and Russian intelligence are discussing the exchange of prisoners.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News about the threat of detention of anti-COVID protesters in China. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- An optimistic view of the performance of the Chinese economy in the new year from Davos – WORLD
- News about the shortage of medicines in Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- News “They hope to escalate tensions with Turkey.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY, Greece, news headlines and events
- News about the decline in purchasing power in Latin America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events