The EU approved the accession of Croatia to the Schengen area. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
The European Union (EU) has approved Croatia’s entry into the Schengen visa-free zone.
Czech Interior Minister Vit Rakusan and member of the EU Home Affairs Commission Ylva Johansson made a statement to the press during a meeting of EU interior ministers.
Rakusan announced that the ministers approved the accession of Croatia to the Schengen area.
Referring to the refusal of Romania and Bulgaria due to the Austrian veto, Rakusan said: “I think that Romania and Bulgaria are ready to become members of the Schengen area.” used the phrase.
Johansson said he was disappointed by this and addressed the citizens of the two countries.
“You also deserve to be a member of the Schengen area and have the right to free movement. You have the support of many Member States.” Johansson stressed that the accession of the two countries will remain high on the agenda.
Austria, Bulgaria and Romania, where asylum applications have increased significantly in recent times, are concerned about the rise in illegal migration of those who arrive in the country.
The expansion of the Schengen area requires the unanimity of the member states.
The Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia joined the Schengen area in 2007.
Switzerland, which is not a member of the EU, was also included in 2008.
Citizens of more than 60 countries can enter the Schengen area without a visa, which, with the accession of Croatia, includes 27 member states. Visas are required from citizens of more than 100 countries.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Agree to appoint an ambassador to Egypt
- China successfully launched Gaofen-11 satellite 04 – WORLD
- Turkish Tea Culture Listed by UNESCO
- China’s first giant cruise ship sets sail for trial – WORLD
- Daikin Italy acquires maintenance company Landi SpA – MIR
- In the Netherlands, the number of fake diplomas and certified medical workers increased in 2022 – WORLD
- Sevinch takes him to the difficult days of the Khojaly genocide
- Which European countries consume the most antidepressants?
- A player whose heart stopped in an NFL game woke up. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Chinese around the world enthusiastically celebrate the New Year – WORLD