The EU approved the accession of Croatia to the Schengen area. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
The European Union (EU) has approved Croatia’s entry into the Schengen visa-free zone.
Czech Interior Minister Vit Rakusan and member of the EU Home Affairs Commission Ylva Johansson made a statement to the press during a meeting of EU interior ministers.
Rakusan announced that the ministers approved the accession of Croatia to the Schengen area.
Referring to the refusal of Romania and Bulgaria due to the Austrian veto, Rakusan said: “I think that Romania and Bulgaria are ready to become members of the Schengen area.” used the phrase.
Johansson said he was disappointed by this and addressed the citizens of the two countries.
“You also deserve to be a member of the Schengen area and have the right to free movement. You have the support of many Member States.” Johansson stressed that the accession of the two countries will remain high on the agenda.
Austria, Bulgaria and Romania, where asylum applications have increased significantly in recent times, are concerned about the rise in illegal migration of those who arrive in the country.
The expansion of the Schengen area requires the unanimity of the member states.
The Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia joined the Schengen area in 2007.
Switzerland, which is not a member of the EU, was also included in 2008.
Citizens of more than 60 countries can enter the Schengen area without a visa, which, with the accession of Croatia, includes 27 member states. Visas are required from citizens of more than 100 countries.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “The world should not be silent while people are burning.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- NATURAL GAS PRICES DECLINED IN EUROPE – IN THE WORLD
- Blinken Egypt to visit Israel and West Bank news. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The number of patients with COVID-19 in critical condition in China exceeded 100 thousand – WORLD
- Iran executed two more protesters with Hanging News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- 60 percent of Americans are unhappy with Biden’s performance as president
- Battleship sunk: 31 soldiers missing!
- Has Turkey used US and Russian airspace in Syria? News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Xi Jinping: “Together we will advance towards the goal of building a Sino-Egyptian partnership of destiny” – WORLD
- International Markets – WORLD – World Journal of Economics