“The cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
An organization called Insight Crime in Colombia has issued statements that Turkey is one of the new transit points for the cocaine trade from Latin America to Europe and the Middle East, and that the influence of Turkish gangs on the global cocaine trade is increasing, this year 2,500 tons of global cocaine production and $75 billion in trade. He writes down what he can overcome.
Based on official figures from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), and Peru, the study shows cocaine production in Colombia, Peru, and Bolivia was 2,586 tons in the first year. . 10 months of last year.
With 204,000 hectares of coca cultivation used for cocaine production, Colombia is the world’s largest cocaine-producing country with an annual production of 1,400 tons. Peru, with 869 tons of cocaine, and Bolivia, with 317 tons, follow Colombia.
Other Latin American countries whose names have been mentioned in recent years in connection with coca cultivation and cocaine production are Venezuela, Ecuador, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico, which are known to be heavily involved in organized crime and are used to supply drugs. However, it is noted that coca cultivation and cocaine production in these countries is limited.
“Demand for cocaine is growing”
According to UNODC, if the wholesale price of one kilogram of cocaine in Colombia in 2019 was $1,491, then in Mexico this amount was $12,433; 28,873 in El Salvador; In the USA it is 69 thousand dollars. According to the UNODC, the weight of cocaine in Australia is 150,000; In Kuwait, it exceeds 200 thousand dollars.
The price of cocaine is reported to depend on variables such as distance from producing countries, the difficulty of transporting and bringing cocaine into a country, and criminal penalties.
According to the 2022 World Drug Report, 1,424 tons were seized out of 1,982 tons of cocaine produced in 2020. The report, which draws attention to the fact that 90 percent of the cocaine seized in 2021 is produced by sea, finds that cocaine smuggling target countries are expanding from North America and Europe to Asia and Africa.
Insight Crime experts note that 2,500 tons of cocaine production this year is a very conservative estimate, given the increase in cocaine demand in Latin America and around the world, the economic crisis and impoverishment, changes in drug control models and alternative routes created thanks to new actors.
broadcast by Voice of America “The cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district “The cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The countdown begins for the news “Historic football match” France-Morocco. Last Minute GERMANY, France headlines and events
- EU to provide more support to green industry – WORLD
- Breaking a Guinness World Record with Honor Magic5 Pro – WORLD
- Discussion of a single currency in Latin America. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- 50 billion yuan deal signed on first day of China Airshow – WORLD
- Asian and European countries welcome Chinese tourists with special ceremonies – WORLD
- ECB/Guindos: banking turmoil overshadows interest rate policy – WORLD
- Can social media reform save American democracy?
- AP removes the immunity of two proxies. Top Belgian headlines and events
- Explosion near Ukrainian embassy in Madrid – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.