“The cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
An organization called Insight Crime in Colombia has issued statements that Turkey is one of the new transit points for the cocaine trade from Latin America to Europe and the Middle East, and that the influence of Turkish gangs on the global cocaine trade is increasing, this year 2,500 tons of global cocaine production and $75 billion in trade. He writes down what he can overcome.
Based on official figures from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), and Peru, the study shows cocaine production in Colombia, Peru, and Bolivia was 2,586 tons in the first year. . 10 months of last year.
With 204,000 hectares of coca cultivation used for cocaine production, Colombia is the world’s largest cocaine-producing country with an annual production of 1,400 tons. Peru, with 869 tons of cocaine, and Bolivia, with 317 tons, follow Colombia.
Other Latin American countries whose names have been mentioned in recent years in connection with coca cultivation and cocaine production are Venezuela, Ecuador, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico, which are known to be heavily involved in organized crime and are used to supply drugs. However, it is noted that coca cultivation and cocaine production in these countries is limited.
“Demand for cocaine is growing”
According to UNODC, if the wholesale price of one kilogram of cocaine in Colombia in 2019 was $1,491, then in Mexico this amount was $12,433; 28,873 in El Salvador; In the USA it is 69 thousand dollars. According to the UNODC, the weight of cocaine in Australia is 150,000; In Kuwait, it exceeds 200 thousand dollars.
The price of cocaine is reported to depend on variables such as distance from producing countries, the difficulty of transporting and bringing cocaine into a country, and criminal penalties.
According to the 2022 World Drug Report, 1,424 tons were seized out of 1,982 tons of cocaine produced in 2020. The report, which draws attention to the fact that 90 percent of the cocaine seized in 2021 is produced by sea, finds that cocaine smuggling target countries are expanding from North America and Europe to Asia and Africa.
Insight Crime experts note that 2,500 tons of cocaine production this year is a very conservative estimate, given the increase in cocaine demand in Latin America and around the world, the economic crisis and impoverishment, changes in drug control models and alternative routes created thanks to new actors.
broadcast by Voice of America “The cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district “The cocaine market could top $75 billion in 2023” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- CIA director William Burns met with the head of Russian foreign intelligence in Ankara. LATEST UPDATES, Russia, TURKEY, news headlines and events
- China’s call for dialogue news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- China’s car exports up 54.4% in 2022 – WORLD
- Sanctions against official employees of the Iranian media from the United States. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News “COVID-related deaths down 79 percent.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Oil prices at the peak of the last three weeks. Last Minute UK, Russia headlines and events
- Brazilian police disband Bolsonaro’s camp. Last Minute GERMANY, UK, Russia headlines and events
- Explosion in Istanbul’s busiest street kills and injures people
- Market value of Beijing Stock Exchange approaches 200 billion yuan – WORLD
- Minister of Tourism of Bulgaria Dimitrov: Turkey is our priority partner in the field of tourism. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events