‘Slight increase’ signal from Fed spokesman – MIR
Atlanta Fed President Bostic said at a meeting next month that there could be a smaller increase rather than a 75 basis point increase. Despite this, Bostic argued that a 100 basis point increase in the total was needed to fight inflation.Speaking at an event on Saturday, Bostic said: “I’m far away from the idea of a 75 basis point hike at the December meeting. If the economy moves in the direction that I expect, a 75 or 100 basis point hike may be needed. Overall. I believe that interest rates at this level will be enough to bring inflation down within a reasonable time.” He said he should watch it develop. He said it could take 12 to 24 months for the full effect of the rate hike to be felt. Many Fed officials have given understand that there could be a 50 basis point increase in the December meeting after raising interest rates by 75 basis points in four meetings in a row.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The Greek Foreign Minister did not get off the plane in Tripoli. Last minute Greece news headlines and events
- America Awaits KOEP Deal – World News
- Nomura: 3 countries at risk of currency crisis – WORLD
- Annual turnover of Xinjiang – WORLD – World Magazine of Economics
- Condolences from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to Gaza – Kent News Agency
- President Erdogan received Indian Ambassador Paul
- At the Mzayen World Cup in Qatar, the most beautiful camels in the world are selected. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TOURISM news headlines and events
- Recession indicator in the US bond market reaches historic levels – WORLD
- $73 billion agreement was signed at the 5th Import Fair – WORLD
- UK minimum wage plan – WORLD