Russian attacks on Ukraine did not stop at Christmas. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Ukraine reported that rocket attacks on Russia did not stop at Christmas, and that more than 40 rocket attacks had been carried out in the country in the past 24 hours.
The Ukrainian army said in a statement today that over the past 24 hours, Russian troops have bombed several cities in the Lugansk, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions.
“The enemy continues to attack densely populated areas along the right bank of the Dnieper in the direction of Kherson,” the message says.
“Russia shot down Ukrainian UAV”
Meanwhile, the Russian Defense Ministry said that today Russian servicemen shot down a Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), the wreckage of which fell on a base in southern Russia, killing three Russian servicemen.
In the news, citing Russian news agencies, the ministry said the drone flew at low altitude early Monday morning approaching the Engels military airbase in Russia’s Saratov region, and that the three dead were Russian servicemen at the airport.
Russia said Ukrainian drones attacked the same base on Dec. 5.
Christmas message from Zelensky
On the other hand, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky thanked “everyone who did everything to keep them alive” by presenting his Christmas wishes in his video message last night.
In his speech, Zelensky thanked the soldiers at the front, civil servants, volunteers, nurses, medical staff, teachers and IT specialists, as well as “everyone who helped Ukraine resist.”
The Ukrainian leader also thanked the journalists who spread the truth and the world leaders and people who supported Ukraine.
Declaring that Russian attacks will continue despite Christmas and New Year’s Eve, Zelenskiy said: “There are only a few days left until the end of this year. We must be aware that our enemy will try to make this time dark and difficult for us. Russia has lost everything it could lose this year. Rockets for our country, our energy. He tries to make up for his losses by boasting of his propagandists after his attacks.”
Putin’s statement at the talks
In other news, Russian President Vladimir Putin told state television Russia 1 on Sunday that his country was ready to negotiate with all parties involved in the war in Ukraine, but “Kyiv and its Western supporters have refused to participate in the talks.”
“We are ready to negotiate acceptable solutions with all those interested. But this is their business, it is not we who refuse to negotiate, but they, ”Putin said in an interview.
Zelensky’s adviser Mykhailo Podolyak criticized Putin’s statement and said that he must admit that it is Russia that does not want to negotiate.
Podolyak tweeted: “Russia single-handedly attacked Ukraine and is killing its citizens. Russia does not want negotiations and is trying to avoid responsibility.”
Russia, which invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, says it will “fight until its goals are achieved,” while Kyiv says it won’t stop until Russian troops are withdrawn from all Ukrainian territory, including Crimea, which Russia illegally annexed in 2014.
broadcast by Voice of America Russian attacks on Ukraine did not stop at Christmas in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Russia’s attacks on Ukraine did not stop at Christmas is automatically posted on our website because it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area Russian attacks on Ukraine did not stop at Christmas The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Agricultural production in Venezuela increased by 40 percent. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- The news that Elon Musk has declared war on Apple’s market power. Latest WORLD, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TECHNOLOGY news, news headlines and events
- The death toll from the rocket attack on the Dnieper, organized by Russia, has risen to 40 people. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- China: news “We will respond to displacement measures.” Last Minute GERMANY, Belgium, France headlines and events
- “The United States is preparing to announce a new package of military assistance to Ukraine.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Global food prices hit record highs in 2022 news. Last minute WORLD, ECONOMY, CURRENT news headlines and events
- Battleship sunk: 31 soldiers missing!
- News “40 percent of teenagers have dropped out of school in Venezuela.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- The FIFA World Cup kicks off in Qatar news. Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, Football, CURRENT, SPORTS news headlines and events
- The woman who answered the question “Turkey” won the main prize!