“Russia has postponed nuclear talks with the United States.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
The US State Department has announced that Russia has postponed nuclear talks with the US that were scheduled for this week in Cairo. Neither side specified the reason for the delay.
Officials from both countries were expected to meet in Cairo, Egypt from November 29 to December 6 to discuss the resumption of inspections that have been suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic since March 2020 under the New START (New START Agreement) strategic offensive weapons). .
A US State Department spokesman said in a statement that the Russian side had informed the US that Russia had unilaterally postponed the meeting and would propose a new date.
The spokesman said he could not provide more details, but since the resumption of inspections is a priority to keep the agreement as a stabilization tool, Washington is ready to reschedule the meeting as early as possible.
The Russian Foreign Ministry also confirmed the postponement of the talks.
The New START agreement, which went into effect in 2011, limits the number of nuclear warheads, land-based and submarine missiles that the US and Russia can deploy.
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia Sergei Ryabkov said that one should not expect the talks to become a turning point. However, although relations had deteriorated to Cold War levels, the prevailing view was that the talks indicated a desire on both sides to continue the dialogue.
broadcast by Voice of America “Russia has postponed nuclear talks with the United States” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Russia has postponed nuclear talks with the United States” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district “Russia has postponed nuclear talks with the United States” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “The gap between the rich and the poor is widening.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- How have the sanctions affected the Russian economy? News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Value-added of patent-intensive industries to exceed 14 trillion yuan in 2021 – WORLD
- News about two explosions in Jerusalem. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Decommissioned NASA satellite could de-orbit and crash to Earth
- Investors are snapping up affordable homes, especially in black neighborhoods
- CO27 First week results: strong political discourse, insufficient funding, coordination and diversity – WORLD
- Munich Security Conference Begins Ukraine on Agenda Russia Not Invited News. Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- China-Laos railway transported 8.5 million passengers in a year – WORLD
- Re-election of Parliament in 3 districts in France. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events