Russia begins a unilateral temporary ceasefire. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
As Russia begins a 36-hour unilateral ceasefire called for Orthodox Christmas, Ukraine reported that Russia had attacked the city of Kramatorsk in the country’s east this morning.
The mayor of Kramatorsk, Alexander Goncharenko, in the east of the Donetsk region, said on social media today: “Kramatorsk is under fire. Stay in the bunkers.”
The Kremlin says the truce began today at noon because of Orthodox Christmas and will last until midnight tomorrow.
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced yesterday that he would order a unilateral ceasefire on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and called on Ukraine to comply. However, Russia’s proposal for a temporary ceasefire was rejected by Ukraine.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said that “the purpose of the ceasefire is to stop the advance of Ukrainian forces in the Donbas region.”
“They want to use Christmas as a cover to stop our sons’ advance into Donbass and bring equipment, ammunition and mobilized troops closer to our positions,” Zelensky said in a video message last night.
US President Joe Biden said yesterday that Putin’s ceasefire offer was “a sign of desperation” and said, “I think he’s trying to get a breather.”
Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, 2022, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths, millions displaced and cities destroyed.
Ukraine has pushed Russia back from part of its territory, but fighting continues in eastern and southern cities. Russia also continues to carry out airstrikes against the country’s civilian infrastructure.
broadcast by Voice of America Russia begins unilateral temporary ceasefire in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Russia has begun a unilateral temporary ceasefire is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Russia begins unilateral temporary ceasefire The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Natural gas agreement between Qatar and China!
- Moroccans in Europe celebrate their country’s progress to the World Cup semi-finals. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Spain headlines and events
- Postal sector revenue rises to $113 billion in 7 months – WORLD
- A look at the Fed, the boss of the dollar… – Kent News Agency
- Alleged audio recording of Zawahiri’s al-Qaeda. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Indonesia joins RCEP countries – WORLD
- News that Trump may use Facebook and Instagram again. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Snowfall in England paralyzed life – WORLD
- The oldest DNA was discovered 2 million years ago in Greenland. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- News “One in five employees is a victim of violence and harassment in the workplace.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events