Russia begins a unilateral temporary ceasefire. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
As Russia begins a 36-hour unilateral ceasefire called for Orthodox Christmas, Ukraine reported that Russia had attacked the city of Kramatorsk in the country’s east this morning.
The mayor of Kramatorsk, Alexander Goncharenko, in the east of the Donetsk region, said on social media today: “Kramatorsk is under fire. Stay in the bunkers.”
The Kremlin says the truce began today at noon because of Orthodox Christmas and will last until midnight tomorrow.
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced yesterday that he would order a unilateral ceasefire on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and called on Ukraine to comply. However, Russia’s proposal for a temporary ceasefire was rejected by Ukraine.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said that “the purpose of the ceasefire is to stop the advance of Ukrainian forces in the Donbas region.”
“They want to use Christmas as a cover to stop our sons’ advance into Donbass and bring equipment, ammunition and mobilized troops closer to our positions,” Zelensky said in a video message last night.
US President Joe Biden said yesterday that Putin’s ceasefire offer was “a sign of desperation” and said, “I think he’s trying to get a breather.”
Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, 2022, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths, millions displaced and cities destroyed.
Ukraine has pushed Russia back from part of its territory, but fighting continues in eastern and southern cities. Russia also continues to carry out airstrikes against the country’s civilian infrastructure.
broadcast by Voice of America Russia begins unilateral temporary ceasefire in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Russia has begun a unilateral temporary ceasefire is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Russia begins unilateral temporary ceasefire The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “We do not rule out the possibility.” Last Minute GERMANY, France, Spain, Russia headlines and events
- All countries are mobilized for Turkey!
- Radiopharmaceutical production complex of Rosatom began supplying clinics in Bolivia – MIR
- Janik presented his global brand at exhibitions in Germany – WORLD
- UN concerned about lengthy prison terms for human rights defenders in China – WORLD
- “China is not trapping Africa in a debt trap” – WORLD
- Turkey’s earthquake relief mobilization continues in Germany – WORLD
- News “The Patriot system will not change our plan for Ukraine.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- UN concerned about intervention in Lebanese port explosion – WORLD
- The opening of two additional border gates from Turkey is on the agenda of the UN. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.