Rolls-Royce and Gulfstream take important step towards sustainable aviation – WORLD
Rolls-Royce and Gulfstream take important step towards sustainable aviationRolls-Royce and Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. conducted the first flight tests of an ultra-long range business jet powered by 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF).Rolls-Royce and Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. conducted the first flight tests of an ultra-long range business jet powered by 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). A test flight of the BR725 powered Gulfstream G650 twin-engine aircraft was conducted at Gulfstream’s headquarters in Savannah, Georgia. This test, which shows that existing Rolls-Royce business jet and civil aircraft engines can run at 100% SAF with the “insert” option, allows the replacement fuel to move forward confidently in the certification program. Currently, SAF can only be used with blends up to 50% with conventional jet fuel. SAF is available for all modern Rolls-Royce engines. While one of the SAF components used in the test flight was manufactured by World Energy, the other component was manufactured by Virent Inc. takes on: HEFA (hydro-processed esters and fatty acids), obtained from waste and vegetable oils, and SAK (Synthesised Aromatic Kerosene – Synthesized aromatic kerosene), obtained from plant-based sugar waste. Other oil-based ingredients are also added. Thus, there is no need for any modification process in the jet infrastructure, and a 100% “embedded” SAF fuel is obtained that can be used. This sustainable fuel can reduce life cycle CO2 emissions by up to 80% compared to conventional jet fuel.In a statement about the test flight, Rolls-Royce Germany Director of Commercial Aviation and Engineering Dr. H. Jörg Au said:“Sustainable aviation fuels can significantly reduce aviation carbon emissions and are essential to decarbonizing the skies. The implementation that we, as Rolls-Royce, power in our existing engines will make a big difference in the world of aviation. this is what we do with Gulfstream. Flight tests demonstrate the compatibility of our engines with SAF. Our engines help users reach their zero carbon goal.” “Assessment, evaluation and support brings us one step closer to this goal. our partnership with Rolls-Royce, we have successfully completed another milestone in this endeavor.” The BR725-powered G650 family has set more than 120 world speed records, including the longest flight speed record in business aviation history. With more than 500 aircraft in service, the G650 and Gulfstream G650ER are among the most reliable business aircraft in the world. Since entering service in 2012, the G650 family has demonstrated unsurpassed reliability, efficiency and speed along with outstanding environmental performance.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- ECB: risks to financial stability have increased – WORLD
- News of the preparation of new EU assistance to Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- Does China run police stations in the US? News. Last Minute Netherlands, UK, headlines and events
- Cold weather kills 57 in US, Canada and Mexico – WORLD
- News about the decline in purchasing power in Latin America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Six astronauts from two different missions meet in space
- “We are in a good position in the approval process in Turkey.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- The Central Bank of the Russian Federation does not expect profit in the sector this year – MIR
- Deputy Minister resigned because of corruption!
- Will saving Central America save democracy?