Riyadh will use uranium for a nuclear power plant. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
Saudi Arabia plans to use its domestic uranium reserves to create its own nuclear power industry.
In a statement on the matter, Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said that according to recent discoveries, the country with the richest oil resources in the world also has varying amounts of uranium reserves.
Saudi Arabia is already developing a nuclear program and the country also wants to enrich uranium. Enriched uranium is also used to make nuclear weapons. Riyadh’s administration says it wants to use its nuclear program not to develop weapons, but to create alternatives to energy sources.
However, the country’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, said in a statement in 2018 that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon, they will want to develop nuclear weapons themselves.
“Our country plans to use our national uranium resources with partners willing to cooperate within the framework of international agreements and transparency,” the energy minister said.
Abdulaziz bin Salman said that at the mining conference to be held in Riyadh, both national use and export of nuclear fuel, including low-enriched uranium, will be on the agenda.
The country with the first multi-unit nuclear power plant among the countries of the Persian Gulf is the United Arab Emirates. The UAE has committed itself not to enrich uranium or reuse spent fuel. Nuclear reactors use 5% enriched uranium. But the same technology is being used to enrich uranium to higher levels to create nuclear weapons.
The rate of uranium enrichment is one of the main points of the nuclear agreement signed between Western countries and Iran in 2015. The agreement gave Iran the right to enrich uranium up to 3.67 percent. However, in 2018, US President Donald Trump pulled the US out of the nuclear deal.
broadcast by Voice of America Riyadh to use uranium for nuclear power plant in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Riyadh will use uranium for a nuclear power plant is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district Riyadh to use uranium for nuclear power plant The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “Biden-Xi meeting positively affected trade tensions.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- Assistance continues to the Turks in Europe affected by the earthquake. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, TURKEY news headlines and events
- USA on the lookout! A tsunami warning has been issued!
- Mexican team: News “Earthquake control measures in Turkey are not enough.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
- Minister Mush maintains contact with Venezuelan news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The war affected the politics and economy of Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, BERLIN, Russia, headlines and events
- Finnish Prime Minister Marin submits his government’s resignation – WORLD
- Zelensky visited the border troops Last Minute UK, Russia headlines and events
- “The United States is preparing to announce a new package of military assistance to Ukraine.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Google employees protest layoffs in London – WORLD