Rising dollar in Lebanon forced taxi drivers to close their contacts – WORLD
The rise of the dollar in Lebanon forced taxi drivers to close their contacts– Commercial vehicle owners in Beirut reacted to the severe depreciation of the Lebanese lira against the dollar and the harsh living conditions by closing contacts.BEIRUT (AA) – In the Lebanese capital, Beirut, commercial vehicle owners have protested against the severe depreciation of the Lebanese lira against the dollar and harsh living conditions. Following the historic depreciation of the lira, many commercial vehicle owners protested the situation by closing their contacts. Speaking to AA, the taxi drivers said: “Gasoline prices and expenses are rising in the face of a rising dollar. The government does not interfere with gasoline prices.” Saying that costs have risen but revenues have not changed, the taxi drivers called on the government to “improve living conditions”. The protesters completed their actions without incident, blocking traffic for some time. economic crisis in lebanonLebanon is struggling with a severe economic crisis, especially since 2019. The problem of dollar liquidity at the Lebanese Central Bank and the melting of foreign exchange reserves caused other major crises in the country. The minimum wage, which was about $440 before the economic crisis, fell below $30 due to the depreciation of the Lebanese lira. His latest report on Lebanon, published in 2022, notes that said economic downturn can only be seen in countries that have witnessed the war. This figure is equivalent to three times Lebanon’s GDP in 2021.” expressions were used.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- German industrialists expect export growth to lag global trade this year – WORLD
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz gave the green light for the supply of Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Merge at concert: 1 dead, 9 injured
- Assistance to half a million people in Turkey and Syria from WFP. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News from allies and partners of NATO. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- First step from an EU country: Türkiye has lifted the embargo!
- This year, 47 tons of drugs have been seized in Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- From the European Union of Turkish Journalists to RTÜK: we will not be silent! News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- A caricature of the crisis between France and Iran. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- News “Assad’s earthquake could use Trump against the West.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia