Rising dollar in Lebanon forced taxi drivers to close their contacts – WORLD
The rise of the dollar in Lebanon forced taxi drivers to close their contacts– Commercial vehicle owners in Beirut reacted to the severe depreciation of the Lebanese lira against the dollar and the harsh living conditions by closing contacts.BEIRUT (AA) – In the Lebanese capital, Beirut, commercial vehicle owners have protested against the severe depreciation of the Lebanese lira against the dollar and harsh living conditions. Following the historic depreciation of the lira, many commercial vehicle owners protested the situation by closing their contacts. Speaking to AA, the taxi drivers said: “Gasoline prices and expenses are rising in the face of a rising dollar. The government does not interfere with gasoline prices.” Saying that costs have risen but revenues have not changed, the taxi drivers called on the government to “improve living conditions”. The protesters completed their actions without incident, blocking traffic for some time. economic crisis in lebanonLebanon is struggling with a severe economic crisis, especially since 2019. The problem of dollar liquidity at the Lebanese Central Bank and the melting of foreign exchange reserves caused other major crises in the country. The minimum wage, which was about $440 before the economic crisis, fell below $30 due to the depreciation of the Lebanese lira. His latest report on Lebanon, published in 2022, notes that said economic downturn can only be seen in countries that have witnessed the war. This figure is equivalent to three times Lebanon’s GDP in 2021.” expressions were used.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Are Americans deliberately moving on the side of people who share their politics?
- Agreed maximum price for natural gas in EU news. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Those who commit phone and internet scams in China will not be able to leave the country – WORLD
- ISIS claims to be attacking Taliban forces. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Helicopter crashed into nursing home! – Kent News Agency
- Market value of Beijing Stock Exchange approaches 200 billion yuan – WORLD
- The number of tourists exceeding 900 million in 2022 reached 63 percent of the pre-epidemic figure. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TOURISM news headlines and events
- News about dozens of people killed in a plane crash in Nepal. Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
- More than 100 ships detained in the strait – MIR
- Popocatepetl volcano activity: 25 eruptions occurred!