Protest against COVID restrictions in China news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
The ongoing lockdown following an increase in coronavirus infections in China in recent days has sparked protests. In the western province of Xinjiang, people took to the streets to protest and chanted “end of the blockade”.
Street demonstrations rare in the country are said to be concentrated in Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang province.
In Urumqi, home to about 4 million people, the closures due to the COVID-19 epidemic continue for almost a hundred days. In total, 200 cases have been recorded in the city over the past day.
During protests against the blockade in Urumqi, a fire broke out in a high-rise building. Authorities said 10 people died in the fire.
It is alleged that people who were in the building could not get out as quickly as possible due to the closure, in connection with which there were victims.
Authorities, on the other hand, denied claims that the building was locked down due to closure and that insiders could not escape, and announced that they would launch an investigation into the incident.
Xinjiang Province is a region known to the public, especially for the Chinese administration’s discriminatory and violent actions against Uyghur Turks in the region.
In China, the world’s largest economy, management continues to shut down due to COVID-19 zero policy. This situation is criticized in many parts of the country.
Last week, the record for the number of cases in one day since the beginning of the epidemic was broken – 34,909 cases in one day last week. Although this number is small, it is forcing China, which has a zero-case policy, to tighten some measures.
In Shanghai, one of the largest cities in the country, tightened measures. In particular, it is stated that applications related to the test for COVID-19 have been tightened. In connection with the measures taken, entrances to some parks and recreation areas were also prohibited.
broadcast by Voice of America Protest against COVID restrictions in China in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about protests against COVID restrictions in China is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district Protest against COVID restrictions in China The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The EU has agreed on new military assistance to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Russia headlines and events
- Battleship sunk: 31 soldiers missing!
- IMF calls for France’s ‘fiscal policy’
- Merge at concert: 1 dead, 9 injured
- Ukraine rejects Putin’s decree on a ceasefire. Last Minute GERMANY, France, Russia headlines and events
- NATO Secretary General travels to Turkey Tomorrow’s news. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia headlines and events
- DS Automobiles enters the world of electrification racing – WORLD
- Confirmation of the offshore launch of China’s largest solid-propellant launch vehicle – MIR
- In the Netherlands, the number of fake diplomas and certified medical workers increased in 2022 – WORLD
- G20 final declaration: Central banks determined to achieve price stability – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.