Proposal of the Special Tribunal for War Crimes of Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, has proposed the creation of a special EU tribunal, supported by the United Nations, to investigate and prosecute possible war crimes committed by Russia in Ukraine.
Responding to a request from Kyiv, European Commission President von der Leyen said that the EU “will try to create a special court that will investigate Russia’s crimes in Ukraine.” Emphasizing that the EU continues to support the International Criminal Court (ICC), von der Leyen said: “We are ready to work with the international community to get the widest possible international support for this specialized court. We will work with the ICC and help prosecute Russia’s crimes,” he said.
The German politician noted that they are also considering the confiscation of Russian assets, which were frozen in response to the invasion of Ukraine in February. Von der Leyen said in a press release in Brussels:
“We have frozen the reserves of the Central Bank of Russia in the amount of 300 billion euros and the assets of Russian oligarchs in the amount of 19 billion euros. In the short term, Brussels and its partners can manage and invest in these funds. damage done since the start of the war. “We will work with our partners on an international agreement to make this possible. And together we can find legitimate ways to achieve this.”
broadcast by Voice of America Proposal of the Special Court for War Crimes of Russia in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The Special Judicial Proposal on Russian War Crimes News is automatically posted on our website as it becomes available from the Voice of America website. in this district Proposal of the Special Court for War Crimes of Russia The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News about the rapid spread of the XBB.1.5 variant of COVID-19. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Fed Beige Book Shows US Companies Expect ‘Low Growth’ Economy
- What is a grand jury?
- Spring weather in crypto – WORLD
- China stands out as the most important force in the UN peacekeeping mission
- EU to ban deforestation products – WORLD
- America’s smartest (and “stupidest”) presidents
- What happened after the earthquake was closely watched in the US news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Putin’s congratulations to Erdogan
- EUROPEAN UNION PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.