Pervez Musharraf has died. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf has died at the age of 79. Musharraf was reported to have died after a long illness.
Musharraf came to power in a military coup in 1999 and was president from 2001 to 2008.
The Pakistani army said in a statement that Musharraf died in Dubai after a long illness.
Musharraf survived several assassination attempts during his tenure.
Despite opposition in Pakistan, he supported America’s policies after the 9/11 attacks.
Musharraf left the country six months after losing the 2008 elections.
When he returned to Pakistan to run for re-election in 2013, he was arrested and banned from running.
In his absence, he was charged with treason and sentenced to death, with the sentence overturned less than a month later.
He left Pakistan for medical treatment in 2016.
Musharraf has been living in Dubai ever since.
The body of Musharraf, who died on Sunday morning, will be taken to Pakistan at the request of his family, and the funeral will take place in his country.
The President of Pakistan, the Prime Minister and the Pakistani army expressed their condolences on Musharraf’s death.
broadcast by Voice of America Pervez Musharraf dies in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about Pervez Musharraf, who lost his life, is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area Pervez Musharraf dies The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of the intervention of the French police to the Moroccan supporters celebrating the victory over Portugal. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- “We cannot approve Sweden’s membership without seeing steps.” Top news and events in EUROPE
- Opening ceremony of China-Central Asia summit held – WORLD
- EUROPEAN UNION; Israel concerned about violence in Palestine and Lebanon – WORLD
- Thousands of people lined up to see the old Pope’s body. Top news and events in EUROPE
- China to build over 400 km hydrogen pipeline – WORLD
- Iran unveils new long-range cruise missile – MIR
- Free news with American basketball player Griner’s Barter Agreement. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Former Chinese President Jiang Zemin dies – WORLD
- Indonesia joins RCEP countries – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.