PACE’s reaction to Imamoglu’s decision. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, TURKEY headlines and events
Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) co-rapporteurs in charge of monitoring Turkey, British MP John Howell and Latvian MP Boris Cileviks sentenced Istanbul’s capital mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu to three years in prison in a trial court for allegedly insulting WEC members, called it “terrible” . “We believe that the Courts of Appeal will decide in accordance with European and ECtHR standards,” Howell and Sileviks said.
In a statement, John Howell and Boris Tsileviks said: “We are appalled by this ruling by the Istanbul Court a few months before the presidential and parliamentary elections. about which the Parliamentary Assembly expressed deep concern last October. This is another example,” he said.
The PACE rapporteurs on Turkey once again called on the Turkish authorities to repeal the offensive provisions of the Criminal Code, which annually restrict freedom of expression and allow procedures up to prosecution of the opposition, negatively affecting democratic debates and even the electoral process.
“Approving this decision risks removing one of the leading opposition figures who won the controversially canceled local elections in Istanbul in 2019 from politics. With only a few months left before the general elections, this will send a strong signal about the state of Turkish democracy. The Council of Europe has thus challenged the Courts of Appeal.” and that they will guarantee the rights of the political opposition in Turkey.”
broadcast by Voice of America PACE reaction to Imamoglu’s decision in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news about PACE’s reaction to Imamoglu’s decision is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district PACE reaction to Imamoglu’s decision The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Why did affirmative action start and what happens if it goes too far
- Meeting of Chinese and US Defense Ministers – WORLD
- More than 5,000 police officers are taking action in Brussels, the capital of Belgium.
- China’s call for dialogue news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News from the EU-Ukraine Summit “Under the Sirens” in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, France, Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- US Secretary of Defense Austin to visit South Korea – WORLD
- “24 questions” from Orpo, who won the elections in Finland, to political parties before the coalition – WORLD
- What information did the German spy leak to Russia? News. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- How do new positions in business life affect employees?
- Year-end missile test news from North Korea. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.