News “We will call Turkey to provide emergency funds.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
The United Nations, while saying they would make an emergency call for Turkey’s earthquake relief funding, said: “We have reached the final stage to urge Turkey to provide emergency funds.” At his daily briefing, UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric noted that an emergency fund could be sent to Turkey within a few days, but made no statement about the amount of assistance.
A spokesman for Dujarric said that after the devastating earthquakes, millions of people across the region struggled to survive, were left homeless and forced to fight the cold.
When do you plan to announce an emergency summons of a journalist to Turkey? To his question, Dujarric replied: “Perhaps as soon as possible in the coming days.”
Dujarric said the UN has stepped up its relief efforts in the region since the earthquake and said: “We continue to mobilize emergency teams or carry out relief operations in both Syria and Turkey in terms of what is happening on the ground. Humanitarian activities are rapidly gaining momentum. “Priority needs have been identified, such as heavy equipment for debris removal, medical supplies, housing, heating, food and other items, including sanitation facilities,” he said.
“Aid to Syria in connection with the earthquake continues to increase”
UN spokesman Dujarric said that after Turkey, the amount of aid delivered after the earthquake in Syria increased: “According to the latest updates, the first convoy of 11 trucks belonging to the International Organization for Migration (IMO) and northwest Syria, one of two additional crossings we we transport non-food products transferred to. In addition, 26 truckloads of medical supplies purchased from the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR), the International Organization for Migration (IMO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) crossed from Turkey to northwestern Syria. The total number of aid trucks passing has increased to 58,” he said.
Noting that the number of people affected by the earthquake in Syria is 9 million, Dujarric said: “More than 4.2 million people in Aleppo and more than 3 million people in Idlib were affected by the devastating earthquake. More than 7,400 buildings were destroyed or damaged in northwestern Syria. Today, 37 tons of emergency supplies were airlifted to help treat 465,000 cases in Syria. In Aleppo, UNICEF is providing drinking water and helping nearly 60,000 internally displaced persons in shelters and affected areas. The World Food Program has already distributed prepackaged hot meals to 60,000 people in Aleppo and Latakia. After the earthquake, more than 70,000 people used protection services, 10 active child protection centers and 15 mobile teams are operating.
broadcast by Voice of America “We will call Turkey to provide emergency funds” in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “We will call Turkey for emergency funding” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area “We will call Turkey to provide emergency funds” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- An influenza epidemic has been officially declared in Belgium. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT headlines and events
- International Index Report – WORLD
- News “13 thousand Ukrainian soldiers died in the war.” Last Minute ASYA, Russia news headlines and events
- The air of India and Sri Lanka is breathtaking! – WORLD
- News about the decision of the UN Court on Palestine. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- US jobless claims at 9-month low – WORLD
- “Unknown pneumonia in Kazakhstan” – MIR
- Does China run police stations in the US? News. Last Minute Netherlands, UK, headlines and events
- News “Russia’s recent attacks on Ukraine show Putin’s brutality.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “The war in Ukraine will slow down in winter.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.