News “We are categorically against a new military operation.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Secretary of National Defense Hulusi Akar spoke on the phone.
In a written statement issued by the Pentagon and the US Department of Defense regarding the meeting, Lloyd expressed his condolences to Akar for those who lost their lives in the November 13 attacks in Istanbul and the attacks that took place in southern Turkey and stressed the importance of the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey.
The statement said:
“Austin also expressed concern about the escalation in northern Syria and Turkey, including recent airstrikes that directly threaten the safety of US personnel working with local partners in Syria to defeat ISIS. Minister Austin called for a de-escalation and shared the ministry’s strong opposition to Turkey’s new military operation in Syria.
Article 51 reminder from Akar
This is stated in the statement of the Ministry of National Defense of Turkey.
It was noted that during the meeting between Akar and Austin, bilateral and regional defense and security issues were discussed.
At the meeting, Minister Akar stated that Turkey and the United States are two important allies and stated that “anti-terrorist operations are carried out within our rights of self-defence stemming from Article 51 of the United Nations Charter to ensure the security of our people and our borders.”
Stressing that cooperation and solidarity in the fight against terrorism will contribute to regional and global peace and security, Akar said that they are ready to cooperate against ISIS and all other terrorist organizations, and that the only target in operations are terrorists and that there cannot be and speeches about harming coalition forces or civilians.
Pentagon spokesman Patrick Ryder said earlier that a possible Turkish ground operation in Syria would “seriously” jeopardize gains made in the war against ISIS and called for restraint.
A statement issued the day before by the White House said that “they do not want to see actions that will lead to great loss of life inside Syria and endanger the lives of Americans.”
broadcast by Voice of America “We are categorically against a new military operation” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “We are categorically against a new military operation” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district “We are categorically against a new military operation” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- China is preparing to open its borders in 3 years. Last Minute GERMANY, ASIA, Greece headlines and events
- Winter will not come to Turkey! Why is drought dangerous?
- In Italy, 1 German was detained in connection with a group allegedly planning a coup d’état in Germany. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- “Foreign companies are optimistic about China’s economic future” – WORLD
- 2.5 tons of natural uranium announced missing in Libya – WORLD
- NATO defense ministers meet in Ramstein to help Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Chow, Italian! These are young Americans’ new favorite ethnic foods
- Trade with Venezuela increased 8 times in three years. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News of decisions on the reconstruction of a seismic zone. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- PACE’s reaction to Imamoglu’s decision. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, TURKEY headlines and events