News “We are categorically against a new military operation.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Secretary of National Defense Hulusi Akar spoke on the phone.
In a written statement issued by the Pentagon and the US Department of Defense regarding the meeting, Lloyd expressed his condolences to Akar for those who lost their lives in the November 13 attacks in Istanbul and the attacks that took place in southern Turkey and stressed the importance of the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey.
The statement said:
“Austin also expressed concern about the escalation in northern Syria and Turkey, including recent airstrikes that directly threaten the safety of US personnel working with local partners in Syria to defeat ISIS. Minister Austin called for a de-escalation and shared the ministry’s strong opposition to Turkey’s new military operation in Syria.
Article 51 reminder from Akar
This is stated in the statement of the Ministry of National Defense of Turkey.
It was noted that during the meeting between Akar and Austin, bilateral and regional defense and security issues were discussed.
At the meeting, Minister Akar stated that Turkey and the United States are two important allies and stated that “anti-terrorist operations are carried out within our rights of self-defence stemming from Article 51 of the United Nations Charter to ensure the security of our people and our borders.”
Stressing that cooperation and solidarity in the fight against terrorism will contribute to regional and global peace and security, Akar said that they are ready to cooperate against ISIS and all other terrorist organizations, and that the only target in operations are terrorists and that there cannot be and speeches about harming coalition forces or civilians.
Pentagon spokesman Patrick Ryder said earlier that a possible Turkish ground operation in Syria would “seriously” jeopardize gains made in the war against ISIS and called for restraint.
A statement issued the day before by the White House said that “they do not want to see actions that will lead to great loss of life inside Syria and endanger the lives of Americans.”
broadcast by Voice of America “We are categorically against a new military operation” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “We are categorically against a new military operation” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district “We are categorically against a new military operation” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News about the attack of drones on the Iranian military plant. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Ali Babacan’s speech in Davos has become the agenda!
- News of the sudden resignation of the Prime Minister of New Zealand. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- The news that the leader of the mafia, Matteo Messina Denaro, has been caught. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- News “Russia is trying to deprive Ukraine of light.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “One in five employees is a victim of violence and harassment in the workplace.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- The news “Hand over the land, or the Russian army will do it.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- South Korea plans tax exemption to support chip makers – WORLD
- News about the attack on the Azerbaijani embassy in Tehran. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News about the preparation of Ukraine’s Joint Statement to the G20. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia, TURKEY news headlines and events