News “The United States does not approach the negotiations in Istanbul constructively.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
As for the Istanbul meetings between Russian and American intelligence officers in Istanbul, Russia accused the US of not showing a constructive approach to diplomatic negotiations. In today’s statement from Russia, it was also stated that Istanbul is a suitable city for holding such meetings.
A meeting in Ankara last month between US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director William Burns and Russian Foreign Intelligence Agency (SVR) director Sergei Naryshkin sparked speculation that behind-the-scenes diplomacy exists between Washington and Moscow.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said last week that the CIA meeting took place at the request of President Joe Biden, and that communication between the CIA and the SVR is ongoing.
A statement from Russia’s deputy foreign minister and the US embassy in Ankara noted that Russian and US diplomats met in Istanbul on Friday to discuss technical issues such as visas.
Russian state news agency RIA Novosti reported today that Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Vershinin said “Istanbul is the right place for such talks.”
Vershinin was also reported to have said, “I can say that any discussion is useful, but unfortunately we don’t see a constructive approach on the American side to get concrete results.”
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan became one of the key mediators between Russia, Ukraine and Western countries after Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.
Following a drone attack on a Russian naval base in Russian-annexed Crimea last month, diplomats said, Erdogan played a major role in confirming Russia’s participation in Russian President Putin’s UN-sponsored Black Sea grain deal.
Although Washington and Moscow identify each other as a serious threat to global stability, the two countries have different levels of communication.
In addition to the CIA-SVR meetings, the embassies of the two countries continue to perform their duties, and their diplomats have contacts in Turkey. While Russia’s Federal Security Agency (FSB) is negotiating a prisoner exchange, the two countries’ chiefs of staff are holding bilateral meetings during a time of crisis.
UN Deputy Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Assistance Martin Griffiths told a Reuters event November 1 that Russia was “very close” to reaching an agreement to start exporting ammonia via pipeline to a Black Sea port in Ukraine. Adding that the export of ammonia guarantees the export of grain, he said it was just as important as getting it.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Vershinin said in a statement after meeting with Turkish officials in Istanbul that Turkey played a positive role in the grain deal.
“We need to talk about the commodity part of the export of fertilizers and ammonia. Russia is one of the world’s largest producers of ammonia and other essential fertilizers,” Vershinin said.
broadcast by Voice of America “The United States does not approach the Istanbul talks constructively” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “The United States does not approach the Istanbul talks constructively” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district “The United States does not approach the Istanbul talks constructively” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Peru has a new president. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Renewal of the Customs Union – another spring? News. Last Minute EUROPE, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- Will the US economy go into recession? News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Minister Varank: “YDD mechanism will contribute to the revival of full membership” – WORLD
- The first meeting of the chiefs of staff of the United States and Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Tesla bull keeps buying
- US President Biden: ‘I look forward to working with Prime Minister Netanyahu’
- NEW YORK EXCHANGE IS CLOSED IN AUTUMN
- Extramarital sex is prohibited in Indonesia. Top Dutch news headlines and events
- The Paris murders are featured in the news for their 10th anniversary. News headlines and events from Last Minute France