News “The most disturbing region is the north-west of Syria.”
The World Health Organization (WHO) said it was particularly concerned about the plight of people living in the opposition-held region of northwestern Syria, where humanitarian aid was cut following last week’s Kahramanmarash earthquakes.
“The area of greatest concern at the moment is the northwest of Syria,” WHO emergencies chief Mike Ryan said at a press conference in Geneva.
Ryan said: “The effects of the earthquake in areas under government control are significant, but there are services and access to people,” but pointing out that the situation in the northwest of the country is different, we must not forget that in Syria 10 years went war. The healthcare system is very weak. “People are in a very bad position,” he said.
Efforts to bring humanitarian aid to northwestern Syria have been hampered by more than a decade of civil war. Civil war fighting has so far thwarted at least two attempts to send aid across the front lines in Syria, but a convoy arrived in the area overnight.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization, said senior WHO officials have asked Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to open more border crossings between Turkey and Syria to ensure aid reaches the region following their visit to Damascus after the earthquakes.
On Monday, Assad allowed entry into northwestern Syria through two more border crossings. According to Human Rights Watch, this permission came too late.
Ryan described the opening of more border crossings as “both sides stepping back and focusing on the needs of the people”, adding that “it’s often impossible to get proper health care in an environment where conflict goes on forever.”
“We see that aid has increased significantly, emergency teams have been sent, everything that needs to be done in the event of a natural disaster has been done, but these efforts will not be sustainable if there is no more peaceful background for them to carry out. more efficient,” Ryan said.
broadcast by Voice of America “The region of greatest concern is the northwest of Syria” in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “The most dangerous region northwest of Syria” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. “The region of greatest concern is the northwest of Syria” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Attack on a mosque in Pakistan: 28 dead, 90 injured!
- China launches world’s first project to extract lithium from seawater – WORLD
- 225 million trips made in China for the Spring Festival – WORLD
- News “Supports Tripoli Energy Deal”. Last minute Greece news headlines and events
- 52 million 713 thousand people traveled in China during the New Year holidays – WORLD
- Yellen believes that a US default could lead to a global financial crisis
- A suspect in the Lockerbie bombing has been arrested in the United States. Latest UK headlines and events
- Russia spent 2.4 trillion rubles from reserves to cover budget deficit – MIR
- 10 amazing facts about chameleons
- China COVID-19 alert: lockdown is back – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.