News that Trump may use Facebook and Instagram again. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Meta, the umbrella company for social media like Instagram and Facebook, has announced that former President Donald Trump’s accounts will be reopened.
Saying that accounts suspended for two years after Trump’s attack on Congress on January 6, 2021 will be reopened in the coming weeks, Meta’s director of global affairs Nick Clegg said “the public should be able to hear what politicians are saying,” adding: “The suspension was an extraordinary decision taken under extraordinary circumstances,” he added.
Noting that the investigation found that Trump’s accounts no longer pose a major public safety risk, Clegg said Trump could face harsh penalties due to his past transgressions.
Clegg recalled that the firm took action after Trump “praised those involved in the Capitol violence” and suspended the accounts.
Republicans are pushing for Trump to be allowed back on Facebook, who is set to run again for president next year.
Trump’s return to social media platforms has been criticized by Democrats and some activist organizations. Democrats have expressed concern that the former president may be using social media platforms to repeat false claims about his victory in the 2020 election.
California Democratic Party spokesman Adam Schiff tweeted: “Trump instigated the uprising. It is dangerous to open social media platforms for him to spread his lies and demagogy.”
Derrick Johnson, head of the NAACP, a civil rights organization, told The Associated Press that he considers the move a “serious mistake” and “the best example of putting profit before people’s safety.” “It is very surprising that one person spewed hatred, fueled conspiracies and instigated a violent uprising in our country’s Capitol, and Mark Zuckerberg still believes that this is not enough to remove someone from their platform,” Johnson said.
Donald Trump has 34 million followers on Facebook and 23 million on Instagram. Trump’s Twitter account was reopened last November. However, the former president has yet to share anything on the platform.
After suspending his social media accounts in 2021, Trump created his own social media platform called “Truth Social”.
broadcast by Voice of America Trump will be able to use Facebook and Instagram again in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Trump may be using Facebook and Instagram again is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Trump will be able to use Facebook and Instagram again The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Supporters of Bolsonaro are expelled from the presidential palace and Congress. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- Venezuela’s oil revenues rose 47 percent. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- 6 signs that the job is fake
- Elon Musk explains why he bought Twitter
- st. St. Petersburg International Economic Forum will take place on June 14–17, 2023 – MIR
- UN: 15 million square meters of territory in Libya mined with explosives – WORLD
- News ex-president of Argentina sentenced to 6 years in prison. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- “Taleban’ın Kadınlara Üniversite Yasağının Bedeli Olur” haberi. Son Dakika Rusya haber başlıkları ve gelishmeler
- Chinese-style modernization opens up global opportunities – WORLD
- After 7 years, Iran and Saudi Arabia agreed again!
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.