News that Marders will be delivered to Ukraine instead of Greece. Last Minute GERMANY, Greece headlines and events
BERLIN. In the final days of last year, Germany reversed its months-long abstaining stance and decided to provide heavy weapons assistance to Ukraine.
Prime Minister Olaf Scholz announced that he would send Marder and Patriot missile defense systems to Ukraine. Scholz said that 40 armored combat vehicles of the Marder 1A3 type will be delivered to Ukraine. However, it became known that this statement caused surprise in the German army.
According to information from army sources, it was announced that there is uncertainty as to whether Marders will be purchased from army stocks or from the stocks of the German defense company Rheinmetall, which manufactures Marders. It is reported that only 150 of the 350 Marder units belonging to the armed forces are ready for use.
German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht resolved the issue by meeting with Greek Defense Minister Nikos Panagiotopoulos, government sources told Business Insider.
Accordingly, the delivery of 40 new Marder models to Greece, which is part of an exchange agreement between Germany and Greece to help Ukraine, was stopped, and a decision was made to send 20 of these tanks to Ukraine.
It also became known that the remaining Marders, promised to Greece at the meeting, were decided to be delivered within a year from Rheinmetall warehouses.
The said agreement provided for the transfer of 40 Soviet-made BMP-1 vehicles to Ukraine in exchange for Marder armored vehicles. However, it was reported that the remaining 20 of the 40 marders that were supposed to be sent to Ukraine still did not know where they would come from.
Scholz: “We don’t send leopards”
Meanwhile, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said that there are no plans to send Leopard-2 battle tanks to Ukraine along with Marders.
In a statement about calls to send more heavy weapons to Ukraine, Scholz said: “Germany will not do this alone, it will act together with its friends and allies, especially with its transatlantic partner the United States. Anything else would be irresponsible in such a dangerous situation.”
Ukrainian Ambassador to Berlin Oleksiy Makeyev demanded that Leopard 2 tanks be sent along with the Marders, and the Greens, one of the coalition partners of the Scholz government, and opposition Christian Democrats and liberals supported the proposal.
After Green Party Economy Minister Robert Habek said that “Berlin cannot ignore the supply of Leopard tanks to Kyiv,” a government spokesman said there was no such plan.
broadcast by Voice of America Marders will be given to Ukraine instead of Greece in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that the Marders will be delivered to Ukraine, and not to Greece, is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Marders will be given to Ukraine instead of Greece The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- France deports 44 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- How are search and rescue operations carried out during an earthquake? News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Helicopter crashed into nursing home! – Kent News Agency
- News about Kim’s order to expand nuclear weapons. Last Minute WORLDWIDE, CURRENT, POLITICAL news headlines and events
- CUHM Annual Meeting Begins Tomorrow – WORLD
- News of the ‘cough and cold medicine shortage’ warning in the UK. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events
- The Uyghur human rights organization lost the legal battle. Latest UK headlines and events
- News “Our partners have betrayed Russia in the past.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, Russian news, news headlines and events
- Zelensky spoke on the phone with French President Macron – WORLD
- The news of the approval of Navalny in prison “They spoil my health.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.