News “Russia is trying to deprive Ukraine of light.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Russia has hit Kyiv, Lvov, Kharkiv and Odessa in the west in the most intense missile strikes in recent weeks against Ukraine, which it has occupied for more than a decade. Power plants and infrastructure suffered in the freezing winter cold.
The Chief of the General Staff of Ukraine, General Valery Zaluzhny, said that Russia fired 69 missiles at its energy facilities, 54 of these missiles were neutralized by Ukrainian forces.
Local authorities said at least two people were killed in Russian rocket attacks on Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second largest city. At least six people were injured in the attacks; however, these numbers are expected to increase.
“The attacks were supported by air and sea missiles”
The Ukrainian Air Force sent unmanned aerial vehicles, called “kamikaze drones,” to areas discovered by Russia the night before, which exploded after destroying the target; He noted that he expanded the attacks with air and sea missiles.
The Ukrainian military said that Russia had attacked energy facilities in the east of the country with the help of anti-aircraft guided missiles and S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems.
Since October, Russia has been hitting energy and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine almost every week, while Russian ground forces have struggled to advance.
“Pretending to be neutral is tantamount to being on the side of Russia”
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dimitro Kuleba called the attacks “senseless barbarism.”
“There can be no neutrality in the face of these massive war crimes. Pretending to be neutral is tantamount to being on the side of Russia,” he said.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmigal, who made the statement on his Telegram account, said that some energy facilities were damaged in recent attacks and said that “Russia is trying to deprive Ukrainians of electricity before the New Year.”
Lviv Mayor Andriy Sadovyi said in a Telegram channel that 90 percent of the city does not have electricity and there may be water shortages in the city.
In more than ten months of war, the Ukrainian army has recaptured some of the Russian-occupied areas in the east and south of the country and continues to oppose Russian attempts to seize the entire industrial zone in the east of Donbass.
“Ukrainian S-300 missile fell on the territory of Belarus”
Belarus, which has been playing a role in the planning phase of the invasion of Russia since February 24, said that an S-300 anti-aircraft missile belonging to Ukraine fell on Belarusian territory and that no one was killed in the incident.
The Belarusian Defense Ministry noted that the missile was neutralized by Belarusian air defense systems and fell on the ground.
The incident occurred when Russia launched rocket attacks on Ukraine.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belarus announced the summons of the Ukrainian ambassador and demanded that Ukraine launch a comprehensive investigation into the incident and take measures to prevent the recurrence of such an incident.
Kremlin rejection of 10-point peace plan
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is keeping the 10-point peace plan he shared with leaders during the G-20 summit in Bali, Indonesia on the agenda.
The plan requires Russia to respect the territorial integrity of Ukraine and withdraw its troops from Ukrainian territory.
But Moscow rejects the plan, repeating that Kyiv must accept the annexation of four regions by Russia. Moscow says it must recognize that Crimea, which it annexed in 2014, is not Ukrainian territory.
“There can be no peace plan that does not take into account today’s realities regarding Russian territory,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov also said that “Zelensky’s idea of pushing Russia out of eastern Ukraine and Crimea with the help of the West and forcing Moscow to pay compensation is an illusion.”
broadcast by Voice of America “Russia is trying to deprive Ukraine of light” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Russia is trying to deprive Ukraine of light” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area “Russia is trying to deprive Ukraine of light” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Cold weather kills 57 in US, Canada and Mexico – WORLD
- US accusation of attempted assassination of three Iranians. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- “Are the Turkish Armed Forces preparing for a ground operation in Syria?” News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Call from Zelensky: news “Act against Russia”. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Despite the slowdown in the French economy, “permanent” news. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- China will prioritize economic confidence and stability
- Russia launches missile strikes on the Ukrainian city of Kherson, from which it is withdrawing. Last Minute GERMANY, UK, Russia headlines and events
- Bolivar lost 58% of its value in three months. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Swedish minister heads to Turkey – Kent News Agency
- The number of Ukrainian refugees arriving in Poland has exceeded 9.5 million people. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events