News of the urgent meeting of NATO ambassadors. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS headlines and events
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg convened the alliance’s ambassadors for an emergency meeting after rockets fell on Polish soil.
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg chairs the meeting, which was held to consider a request from NATO and EU member Poland to activate Article 4 of the NATO Convention.
At the meeting, after discussing the evidence and accusations made by Poland, it will be discussed how the alliance will react.
After meeting with Polish President Andrzej Duda last night, Stoltenberg made a statement on his social media account that eased tensions, saying: “I expressed my condolences to President Duda for those who died in the explosion in Poland. situation very carefully. He consults closely with allies. Determining all the facts is important,” he said.
What does Article 4 of NATO say?
The NATO ambassadors, gathered after “reports of depressurization” from Poland, the US and the EU, after examining the evidence, will decide whether Article 4 of the alliance will be implemented.
Article 4 of the NATO agreement states that consultations can be held whenever a member of the alliance believes that its “territorial integrity, political independence or security” is threatened.
The purpose of this article is to enable participants to quickly develop an appropriate response to a potential threat together. The NATO Charter also includes the principle “Decisions are made by consensus during these emergency meetings”.
Any Member State may request a meeting by formally invoking Article 4 of the North Atlantic Treaty. In the charter “4. As soon as an article is mentioned, the issue is discussed and the discussions may lead to some kind of joint decision or action on behalf of NATO.
10,000 US soldiers in Poland
In Poland, a member of NATO and the EU, about 10,000 American soldiers are serving as part of the NATO mission. Therefore, if such an attack is proven to have originated in Russia, it could have important implications for the European continent and NATO. However, both NATO and Warsaw and Washington sources warn that the missile, which is said to be Russian-made, cannot be fired from Russian territory and that no action can be taken until its source is identified.
broadcast by Voice of America Emergency meeting of NATO ambassadors in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News of the NATO Ambassadors Emergency Meeting is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district Emergency meeting of NATO ambassadors The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Zero tariffs from China to 10 countries including Afghanistan – WORLD
- How much is a software developer salary? | ListList.com
- Will Europe be able to agree on a maximum price? – WORLD
- G20 final declaration: Central banks determined to achieve price stability – WORLD
- News of the meeting between Biden and Xi before the G20 summit. Last Minute AFRICA, EUROPE, France, CURRENT, UK, Spain, Russia headlines and events
- A meteor lit up the sky! – Kent News Agency
- News of the F-35 crisis in Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Russia headlines and events
- 10 amazing facts about chameleons
- News of the agreement “European fighter of the future” in five questions. Last Minute GERMANY, Belgium, Berlin, France, England, Spain, Russia headlines and events
- News of the migrant camp in the center of Paris. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events