News of the opposition and government negotiations in Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
In Venezuela, where one in four people were forced to leave their country because they could not meet their basic needs after a protracted economic, social and political crisis turned into a humanitarian crisis, opposition and government delegations sat down at the negotiating table. again in Mexico.
While the government’s expectations from the negotiation process include the lifting of international sanctions imposed on it and the return to the current government of the assets of the Venezuelan state abroad, among the priorities of the opposition is the holding of presidential elections, which are expected to be free in 2024. , just and verifiable, to find a solution to the humanitarian crisis in the country and to release the dissidents held in prisons. There are such names as release.
Experts note that the need for energy, which arose with the occupation of Ukraine, may provide an advantage in easing international sanctions against Venezuela’s oil trade.
“His assets abroad will be used for a humanitarian crisis”
Jorge Rodriguez, a spokesman for the government delegation, said negotiations began some time ago in Caracas and the parties agreed that part of Venezuela’s frozen assets abroad should be used to solve some urgent and chronic problems in the country.
Regarding the talks, the opposition said: “Our goals are clear. “A free choice that will allow us to regain our freedom and resolve the humanitarian crisis.”
The parties had previously met in the Dominican Republic in 2018, Barbados in 2019 and Mexico in 2021, but no consensus could be reached.
Negotiations in Mexico were interrupted when the government left the negotiating table after Alex Saab, known in Turkey as the architect of the Venezuelan gold trade, was brought to the US to stand trial. There are accusations against Saab such as money laundering and Maduro’s secret safe. Saab’s wife is part of the government delegation in Mexico.
In 2019, after opposition leader Juan Guaidó, head of the National Assembly, declared himself interim president to lead the country to re-election on the grounds that incumbent President Nicolas Maduro had seized power unfairly, some 60 countries, especially American and European countries, joined the Venezuela. The opposition’s recognition of Guaidó, not Maduro, as the country’s legitimate president deepened the political and economic crisis.
In a country where the economy has contracted by 75 percent in the past decade, 62.3 percent of the population became poor and 47 percent extremely poor, there are serious problems with access to education and health care, as well as chronic interruptions in services such as electricity, water supply etc. and communications, it is reported that one in four aid workers needs help.
broadcast by Voice of America Opposition and government negotiate in Venezuela in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about opposition-government talks in Venezuela is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Opposition and government negotiate in Venezuela The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Disney to lay off 7,000 employees – WORLD
- US and Philippines begin ‘largest’ military exercise off Taiwan Strait
- Despite the slowdown in the French economy, “permanent” news. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- Biden’s new “secret documents” have been found. Latest UK headlines and events
- News “180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- New news about joint operations from the US and SDF. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The Venezuelan bolivar loses 21% of its value in one month. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News ex-president of Argentina sentenced to 6 years in prison. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Support for search and rescue services from Latin America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- It was reported that 9 soldiers died in 2 military helicopters that crashed in the United States – MIR