News of the leopard crisis in Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, Russia headlines and events
BERLIN. At a meeting of the “Ukrainian Contact Group” held last week at the Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany, the consequences of Germany’s refusal to take a decision to supply Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine continue to be discussed.
After a disappointing meeting in the United States and other allies, after Poland announced that it could send its Leopard tanks to Ukraine without the consent of Germany, comments made in Berlin indicated that the name that slowed down the tank was the prime minister. Minister Olaf Scholz The tension is also noted.
Foreign Minister Annalena Burbock of the Green Party said that if Poland wants to send a Leopard tank, it will not oppose it.
“This question has not been asked at the moment, but if it was, we would not interfere with this,” Burbock told French television. There was no clarification as to whether this statement received the approval of Prime Minister Olaf Scholz.
Prime Minister Scholz, in response to a question posed yesterday at a press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron in Paris, signaling that his position will not change, said: “As in the past, we will always discuss this issue. issue closely with all our friends and allies and make a decision.” “Ukrainians can count on our support, but it is also clear that we want to avoid a war between Russia and NATO,” Scholz said in Davos last week.
International pressure on Berlin is growing
On the other hand, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said that they would officially ask Germany for permission to supply Leopard tanks to Ukraine.
Morawiecki, who did not specify when the request would be made, said that a coalition of countries ready to send tanks would be formed under the leadership of his country.
The Polish prime minister said that if Germany does not authorize supplies to Ukraine, Warsaw will make its own decision. The Foreign Ministers of Ukraine’s neighboring Baltic countries Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania delivered a joint message, which reads: “Germany, as the most powerful country in Europe, bears a more special responsibility. We, the ministers of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania, we demand that Ukraine immediately send Leopard tanks.
The leopard provoked a government crisis
Olaf Scholz’s abstinence on this issue also provokes a reaction in Germany.
Marie-Agnes Stark-Zimmermann, chairman of the Bundestag Defense Committee with coalition partner the liberal FDP, said: “Prime Minister Scholz’s message in this regard is a disaster. There are Russian soldiers in Ukraine who kill, rape, kidnap, rape and torture people. Ukraine”We cannot stay away from what is happening in the world,” said Torsten Frei, parliamentary secretary of the opposition CDU/CSU Christian Union. He suggested that the Greens and the FDP, which are in coalition with the UN, the SPD, withdraw from the government.
CDU foreign policy spokesman Norbert Röttgen said: “The FDP and the Greens should ask themselves if they are willing to share responsibility for this failure, despite their own beliefs,” said Alexander Trohm, one of the CDU’s key figures. Minister stammers and embarrasses Germany in front of the world Coalition partners “This theater must end as soon as possible,” he said.
broadcast by Voice of America Leopard Crisis in Germany in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the leopard crisis in Germany is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Leopard Crisis in Germany The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- China is building one of the largest bridges in Cambodia – WORLD
- Announced 8 people who will go to the moon!
- NATO and the EU have signed a Statement of “Strengthening Cooperation”. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz gave the green light for the supply of Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Dispute with Turkey Sweden moves to EU leadership news. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, France, Netherlands, Spain, Greece headlines and events
- Plane collides with truck – Kent News Agency
- Thwarting a red wave, Generation Z emerges as a powerful voting power
- The EU announces the 9th package of sanctions against Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- 10 Fascinating Facts About Corpse Flowers
- Yellen believes that a US default could lead to a global financial crisis
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.