News of the law on LGBT propaganda in Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
The Russian parliament has passed for the third and final consideration a bill extending the ban on LGBT propaganda to children of all ages.
Situations or actions on the Internet, in films, in books, in advertisements or in public that are perceived as homosexual propaganda under the bill can be fined heavily.
The fine is 400,000 rubles ($6,600) for individuals and 5 million rubles ($82,100) for institutions. Foreigners can be sentenced to 15 days of arrest and deportation from the country.
Critics of the bill say it is aimed at further suppressing and humiliating sexual minorities in Russia. In Russia, authorities are blocking gay marches and detaining gay rights activists in accordance with existing laws.
The legislators say they stand for morality “against the decaying values promoted by the West.” However, rights groups say such laws are designed to ban the representation of minorities such as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in the public sphere.
Alexander Khinshtein, one of the sponsors of the bill, said in a statement last month: “LGBT is an element of the ongoing mixed war today. We have to protect our values, our society and our children from this.”
An LGBT network offering legal aid called the bill “bullshit” and said its goal is to exclude and humiliate the LGBT community.
Video-sharing platform TikTok was fined 3 million rubles last month for promoting an LGBT-themed video in Russia. The Russian Media Observatory also called on all publishing houses to remove from sale books containing LGBT propaganda.
The bill must be approved by the upper house of parliament and signed by President Vladimir Putin before it can take effect.
broadcast by Voice of America Law on LGBT propaganda in Russia in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the LGBT Propaganda Law in Russia is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Law on LGBT propaganda in Russia The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The energy crisis between Russia and the West continues! – WORLD
- UN: News “Russian ammonia export to start soon.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Do Americans hate their promoters enough to get rid of them?
- China to build third airport in Yangtze Delta – WORLD
- Strong revenue growth in Chinese software industry in first 10 months – WORLD
- Kılıçdaroğlu will hold a joint press conference with Rifkin. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, UK, headlines and events
- North Korea tests underwater drone that allegedly triggered ‘radioactive tsunami’ – WORLD
- At the Atomexpo-2022 forum, blue was named the color of the economy of the future – MIR
- News of the dissolution of the provisional government of Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Study: Twitter Facilitates Silicon Valley Bank Break – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.